Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Compass error Compass in the red zone after replacing the top cover of the drone.

Hello. Recently scratched the top cover of the mavic. I decided to change. After replacing the cover, a compass error immediately appeared. Compass in the red zone. Calibration does not help. What happened? I unscrewed some screws and changed the cover. Error tortured (((

Hello. Recently scratched the top cover of the mavic. I decided to change. After replacing the cover, a compass error immediately appeared. Compass in the red zone. Calibration does not help. What happened? I unscrewed some screws and changed the cover. Error tortured (((
Did you use a magnetized screwdriver? That will mess up the compass...

Meta4

A compass error and repeated failure to calibrate usually means the compass is disconnected.
You can confirm by going to the Sensors section of your app settings and see what is showing for the compass.

If disconnected, it could either be a loose connection or it could be a broken wire.

A compass error and repeated failure to calibrate usually means the compass is disconnected.
You can confirm by going to the Sensors section of your app settings and see what is showing for the compass.

If disconnected, it could either be a loose connection or it could be a broken wire.
Both sensors are visible and they are in the red zone. Calibration does not help.

Yes. I used a conventional magnetized screwdriver - it is convenient to twist the screws.
There is a high possibility that you magnetized the compass (it is very sensitive to magnetic fiels) It seems that the compass is still connected and that is why you see a red bar instead on no bar) but cannot calibrate.

You may need to demagnetize the compass with a degaussing tool (plenty of videos in youtube). In my case I accidentally exposed my #2 compass to a magnectic field a few months ago and could not calibrate until I demagnetized it. cFixer did the trick for me. I used it to demagnetize both compasses and the gimball and had no problems ever since.

There is a high possibility that you magnetized the compass (it is very sensitive to magnetic fiels) It seems that the compass is still connected and that is why you see a red bar instead on no bar) but cannot calibrate.

You may need to demagnetize the compass with a degaussing tool (plenty of videos in youtube). In my case I accidentally exposed my #2 compass to a magnectic field a few months ago and could not calibrate until I demagnetized it. cFixer did the trick for me. I used it to demagnetize both compasses and the gimball and had no problems ever since.
very cool. thanks for the advice. I think yes - I have magnetized the main compass with a magnetic screwdriver. I ordered this device - Cfixer. As soon as I receive it and use it, I will write about the result.

Nice..please let us know your progress.. Im really surprised at how super sensitive the compass is... Mine would not calibrate at a job i was doing yesterday.. They were full red... I had to hold the bird over my head standing on a ladder.. I was surrounded by metal buildings and power lines.. lol...

Terry Rodell

Do a search for "rotation drift" and see my comment #5. Works perfectly at a fraction of the price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipilot320