Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Compass error during the first flight of the drone

Hello gentlemen I bought my Mavic on aliexpress. The other day got it. All set up and updated according to the instructions. As soon as I take off, a compass error appears immediately and dron enters atti mode. The first flight and such a problem. I am very upset. Opened the dispute. What happened? Damage on delivery? Help

I’ve notice an increase in compass sensitivity since the last update. Couple things affected me... first of all, I was wearing a wristwatch with a magnetic clasp on the band (duh!) took that off and it fixed the problem. The other issue was about 7 ft up after takeoff, severe compass error. A survey of the area revealed a lot of old metal tracks in the ground AND there is a very high voltage line running near by. Moved to a new location and it fixed the issue! I use AIRDATA UAV service now and an export of the flight log to CSV and import to Excel where I could read it confirmed the compass error.

tcope

Website
www.youtube.com
First rule.... read the instructions first. I once got made at my new TV when it word not work. Turns out, I needed to turn it on first.

The manual is online at the DJI website. If you did not calibrate the compass before your first flight you will probably crash before too long if you don't read the manual.

I’ve notice an increase in compass sensitivity since the last update. Couple things affected me... first of all, I was wearing a wristwatch with a magnetic clasp on the band (duh!) took that off and it fixed the problem. The other issue was about 7 ft up after takeoff, severe compass error. A survey of the area revealed a lot of old metal tracks in the ground AND there is a very high voltage line running near by. Moved to a new location and it fixed the issue! I use AIRDATA UAV service now and an export of the flight log to CSV and import to Excel where I could read it confirmed the compass error.
Now there are no problems with the compass?

DenF

I read all the forums. I have seen many posts about a special degaussing device -CFixer. I bought it and demagnetized the compasses of my drone. Now I have no more problems. The dispute is closed. The seller reimbursed me the cost of buying this device. Thanks to all.