DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

compass errors and hand launching

redserv

Reactions
Guys i have always wondered about this. If i am taking off in a location that has Re-bar, example on top of a building. will hand launching my drone prevent these compass errors? and if it does why not just hand catch/launch our drones to eliminate compass errors due to Re-Bar all the time? hope this makes sense.

Guys i have always wondered about this. If i am taking off in a location that has Re-bar, example on top of a building. will hand launching my drone prevent these compass errors? and if it does why not just hand catch/launch our drones to eliminate compass errors due to Re-Bar all the time? hope this makes sense.
Your compass errors aren't a problem with the compass, they are compass warnings.
The compass is warning you that it's detected a magnetic interference problem where you've placed it.
Getting a few feet separation between teh compass and the source of the magnetic interference is probably all that's needed.
That could be achieved by hand launching or launching from a box etc.

Once you know that reinforced concrete is always a potential launching problem, it's not hard to avoid it.

Your compass errors aren't a problem with the compass, they are compass warnings.
The compass is warning you that it's detected a magnetic interference problem where you've placed it.
Getting a few feet separation between teh compass and the source of the magnetic interference is probably all that's needed.
That could be achieved by hand launching or launching from a box etc.

Once you know that reinforced concrete is always a potential launching problem, it's not hard to avoid it.

Ok thank you this is what I wanted to confirm. This is why I started hand/catching lanuching recently. Thanks Meta

Be aware that hand launching and landing entail some degree of additional risk. My M2P slipped out of my hand while landing, hit on a wood deck and broke the aftermarket lens hood - would have been gimbal or camera if not using the hood.

Disclaimer: I'm 75, large hands and good hand strength. Response time no doubt a bit less than you young whippersnappers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ