DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass interference with gimbal

rossimrc

Reactions
Hi!

My mavic is having mag interference when the gimbal is looking down. When its looking forward there are no interference.

I already did everything I can to try to solve this problem, refreshed the firmware and factory restarted the mavic, but this weird issue keep happens everytime I move the gimbal.

Anyone can help me with this problem?

Describe the symptoms. Are you getting a Mag Interference warning? Have you tried calibrating your compass?

Yes its having the mag interfeence warning! And It's calibrated but it always heppen the same way. When moving the gimbal to completely look down it has this warning below:

Attachments

• IMG_3003.PNG
    IMG_3003.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3004.PNG
    IMG_3004.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3005.PNG
    IMG_3005.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 103
You say it is calibrated.. but have you actually gone through the calibration procedure?

I have the same issue, no issues when flying camera lookiing forward.But as soon as i start tilting down the camera it starts increasing the interference level.Anyone else havinf this same issue?

I have the same issue, no issues when flying camera lookiing forward.But as soon as i start tilting down the camera it starts increasing the interference level.Anyone else havinf this same issue?
I'm having exactly the same error.

I am having the exact same error. Compass 2 starts going into red zone when gimbal is at 45 degrees already. This is my 3rd mavic. I sold the first to a friend (zero issues) and bought the combo version. The combo version gave me compass / mag errors out of the box. Took it back to wefix and they replaced it with a new combo. This one has this weird issue with gimbal.

Ÿëp ï sèé ït häppënïng töö wën gïmbłë pöïnts döwn... Rëd n Ÿëłłöw łïghts fłäshïng ön the drönë... Büt äs söön äs ü stärt pöïntïng sträïght ït göës bäçk tö nörmäł... N ï nötïçë wën ïm nëär vëhïçüłärs ït döës ït...

No fix for it... Mïnë still flyes fine it does it sometimes only... The gimbal is magnetic when it's on & it moves n being that its in close proximity to çompass #2 there's pretty müçhë nothing ü can do...

Do any of you with this problem happen to have an ND filter on at the time. Just a thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S