DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass redundancy warning - seeing no suggestion in forums??

JakeO

Reactions
So I looked In the prior threads and seeing no conclusions or solutions on the compass redundancy warnings that I seem to be getting now all the time. It freaks me out as I would assume it's not suppose to happen and something is indeed wrong. I have seen any solutions or real info on it though.

I have tried recalibration my compass a few times and I'm a clear field 30ft or more away from anything...it never use to do this. Not sure what started it..

From the few threads on the subject, it would appear to be related to a hardware issue, that may be related to the compass board on early models. This appears to be a repairable issue. I have just sent mine in after opening a fault report. Happens on mine with high motor power, and only since the .03 firmware, where something changed revealing the issue. Bird still flys fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

From the few threads on the subject, it would appear to be related to a hardware issue, that may be related to the compass board on early models. This appears to be a repairable issue. I have just sent mine in after opening a fault report. Happens on mine with high motor power, and only since the .03 firmware, where something changed revealing the issue. Bird still flys fine

Yikes a hardware issue! I was not expecting I would have to send my back. I am in Jamaica for another week and guess I will deal with that mess when I get home. It's seems to be flying ok.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
JakeO what area in Jamaica are you staying at?

Rob

Yikes a hardware issue! I was not expecting I would have to send my back. I am in Jamaica for another week and guess I will deal with that mess when I get home. It's seems to be flying ok.

I held off sending mine back till I got a few days where I knew I would not have an opertunity to fly and them sent mine in as it was still flying fine, just kept they power down a little.

JakeO what area in Jamaica are you staying at?

Rob
In a villa west of Montego Bay near Round Hill. Heading southwest today to Bluefields for another week later today.

Had some good flying and shots with the Mavic.

The official response from DJI is a HW issue and you should send it back. But only if you have the same issue as everyone else. I.e, the issue occurs more often then not, most have the issue in sports mode but some are getting it all the time regardless of mode

The official response from DJI is a HW issue and you should send it back. But only if you have the same issue as everyone else. I.e, the issue occurs more often then not, most have the issue in sports mode but some are getting it all the time regardless of mode
Ok that is me. Happening it seems on every flight where I am going a distance and definitely happening in sports mode but happening in regular flight mode also.

I got one of the earlier Mavics, the first few that showed up in the apple stores.

JakeO check your conversations, I sent you a PM.

Ok that is me. Happening it seems on every flight where I am going a distance and definitely happening in sports mode but happening in regular flight mode also.

I got one of the earlier Mavics, the first few that showed up in the apple stores.
Yeah that's mine as well, you will need to send it in. You don't want to be on a single compass and that errors as well causing a potential fly away

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I sent mine in as I was seeing the compass switching errors, and just got the report back. Compass 2 was also failed and the whole craft is being replaced under warranty. Glad I sent mine in and not relied on the second compass to keep getting me home.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just contacted support today because I am having the same issues and waiting for an email with instructions to send mine in. Btw for me I confirmed I am getting the compass redundancy error regularly on sports mode.

Mike - how long from the time you sent it in for the report back that they are replacing it? also long lead time for them to ship the replacement?

I just contacted support today because I am having the same issues and waiting for an email with instructions to send mine in. Btw for me I confirmed I am getting the compass redundancy error regularly on sports mode.

Mike - how long from the time you sent it in for the report back that they are replacing it? also long lead time for them to ship the replacement?
Got label 2 days after starting process, posted UPS, they got it on Monday last week, and got the test results this morning. Still waiting for return info, but hope to see that tomorrow.

Replacement shipped out today so should have it early next week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR