DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Complete drone newby saying hello

mikenor

Reactions
Hi everyone, Mike here from Montreal, Canada. I have been a flight simulator enthusiast for many years and therefore pretty familiar with general aviation airspaces, deciphering weather reports ect... Just picked up a DJI Mini 2 yesterday and pretty psyched to learn this thing and grow in this hobby. Took it up for a spin yesterday afternoon in a pretty forested area and almost %^@$#$ myself a couple of times but did manage to bring her back down in one piece. I really look forward to increasing my knowledge and "flight skills" and will be a regular visitor on this forum. Just a quick intro to say hello.

Hi everyone, Mike here from Montreal, Canada. I have been a flight simulator enthusiast for many years and therefore pretty familiar with general aviation airspaces, deciphering weather reports ect... Just picked up a DJI Mini 2 yesterday and pretty psyched to learn this thing and grow in this hobby. Took it up for a spin yesterday afternoon in a pretty forested area and almost %^@$#$ myself a couple of times but did manage to bring her back down in one piece. I really look forward to increasing my knowledge and "flight skills" and will be a regular visitor on this forum. Just a quick intro to say hello.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum from America's left coast. Those pesky trees are known to just leap out in front of drones, so caution is advised.

Cheers!

Welcome aboard.

And remember to learn from the mistakes of others.
Your drone won't live long enough to do them all.

So as first rule don't rush and try complex flying (especialyl with filming) untill you're familiar with controls and behaviour/performance of the drone.
And always wait for recording of home point before taking off and check map that it's in actually correct location.
It can save the day and drone when things go south:
RETURN HOME WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(making sure drone icon points to correct compass direction is another major extra safety check)

Also always have backup plan, like possible alternative landing spots if flying to any significant distance.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks all for your big welcome - this group is awsome!

Any recommendations on litterature I can dive into? My eventual goal would be to jump to the Mini's bigger sister, the Air 2S, and will need to take the basic operation test up here in Canada before even considering it.

Thanks again everyone for the great welcome.
Mike

Thanks all for your big welcome - this group is awsome!

Any recommendations on litterature I can dive into? My eventual goal would be to jump to the Mini's bigger sister, the Air 2S, and will need to take the basic operation test up here in Canada before even considering it.

Thanks again everyone for the great welcome.
Mike
Scour the manual. Any questions, post them here and there are plenty of subject matter experts. Welcome and enjoy.

Welcome to the Monkey House!

The Mini-2 is a great little bird. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

Enjoy!

:cool:

MMFPV!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost