DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Computer Playback Glitches

dogman1313

Premium Pilot
Reactions
What is the minimum specs for a computer to play and edit 4k video? I have a 7 year old HP Envy Phoenix 810-135ge, I7 4th gen processor, 16 gb ram. Nvidia Ge Force GTX 770 video card. What can I do to upgrade this computer to work or do I need to buy a new computer?
Thanks in advance.
Dave

IMO it doesn't make sense to upgrade a 7 year old computer when you can get a new one rather inexpensively. You could spend money to upgrade what you have, but there are no guarantees how long it will continue to carry on.

My favorite place for computers is Micro Center in Chicago. While I can just drive there you can purchase mail-order as well. I have been super lucky with "open box" computers that I've pretty much stolen that compares with other computer two or three times what I paid. Three years ago I got an Aliengear desktop for $800 that would have cost $1500. Last year I got an HP Envy laptop with 4k OLED screen and specs that beat my desktop for $1100 that I have hooked up to 27" monitor, keyboard mouse and USB hubs. Computers with similar specs wouldl have cost $2000+.

Here is a "ceritified refurb gaming computer for $800. 15 day return policy. How much would you have to spend to upgrade ram and video card? Not worth it IMO.

Micro Center refurb gaming computer.

Product Image View 0

Product Image View 1

Product Image View 2

Product Image View 3

Product Image View 4

Key Features​

• Intel Core i7 11th Gen 11700F 2.5GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6
  • 32GB DDR4-2933 RAM
  • 512GB SSD+1TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Home
  • 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
  • Wi-Fi 6 (2x2)+Bluetooth Combo

Thank you for the information. That was very helpful. I wasn't sure if it was just the computer processor or just out dated. I love the location description.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato