DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Configuring my Samsung S9 to fly with the Mavic 2

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I will be flying my new M2Z in a few days and for the present time I'll, be using my cell phone with the Controller. What do I need to do to configure my phone for flight? Would it even be possible to take a call during the flight with a Bluetooth earbud?

At the most basic level you simply need to download the DJI Go 4 software and then connect the controller to the phone. You could take a call during flight although people recommend disabling unused radios to reduce the chance of interference or distractions on the phone.

I will be flying my new M2Z in a few days and for the present time I'll, be using my cell phone with the Controller. What do I need to do to configure my phone for flight? Would it even be possible to take a call during the flight with a Bluetooth earbud?
As noted, some folks actually engage Airplane Mode to make sure that the phone and their attention is dedicated to flying and watching the drone.

Of course you should use airplane mode. If you get a call in the wrong situation, bye bye drone

At the most basic level you simply need to download the DJI Go 4 software and then connect the controller to the phone. You could take a call during flight although people recommend disabling unused radios to reduce the chance of interference or distractions on the phone.
I have downloaded the DJI Go 4 software. Thanks to all that responded.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61