DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirmed and stable android tablet with Fly app

IMADMAN

Reactions
Created this thread so we can get a list of stable and confirmed android tablets that will work with the fly app.
So if you can post up what works for you, it will greatly help out the community.
Thanks everyone, and fly safe!

Reactions: Sjkieffer
Check out THIS post

Reactions: Thomas B
It would be nice to know what consistently works. Looking at the other thread it seems there aren't really any options for an android tablet that works well.

Created this thread so we can get a list of stable and confirmed android tablets that will work with the fly app.
So if you can post up what works for you, it will greatly help out the community.
That's already been done:
It would be nice to know what consistently works. Looking at the other thread it seems there aren't really any options for an android tablet that works well.
There are plenty of good Android devices that fly very well.
My favourites are the Huawei M3 and M5, both are outstanding flying tablets offering flawless performance with the DJI app.

That's already been done:

There are plenty of good Android devices that fly very well.
My favourites are the Huawei M3 and M5, both are outstanding flying tablets offering flawless performance with the DJI app.
You call 400 nits outstanding tablet ?! Are flying at night? ?

You call 400 nits outstanding tablet ?! Are flying at night? ?
Something that boots quickly and performs flawlessly running the DJI app is outstanding.
I've only flown these two tablets for a little over 1000 flights in all conditions.
Unless you pay up for Crystalsky etc, nothing gives a bright enough image for full sunlight.
But it's easy enough to find a shady spot to fly from.
Daylight viewing is not much good if your device won't run without a glitch.

Something that boots quickly and performs flawlessly running the DJI app is outstanding.
I've only flown these two tablets for a little over 1000 flights in all conditions.
Unless you pay up for Crystalsky etc, nothing gives a bright enough image for full sunlight.
But it's easy enough to find a shady spot to fly from.
Daylight viewing is not much good if your device won't run without a glitch.
Are you running the fly app or other dji apps?
I can run the fly app on my note 8, but I'm asking specifically about android tablets and the fly app.
So far I've only read one or 2 people successfully running a Tab S4.

I can run the fly app on my note 8, but I'm asking specifically about android tablets and the fly app.
I don't have a Mini to try the Fly app, but it's a high performing tablet and if it runs the Go 4 app, it's going to run the Fly app.

The Fly app did change the rules compared to Go.
Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.

That seems to currently disqualify CS.

Reactions: 120CCPM
So I know it's not a tablet, but my Galaxy J3 Star phone won't load the fly app. It'll load the dji go4 app.
It's running android 8, 64 bit architecture. I hate to see people drop good money on a tablet where the specs are all good and not have it work. Some of these folks are still waiting to get their mini so if we can provide a confirmed list that would be great.

Reactions: cameraz and Herbie
So I know it's not a tablet, but my Galaxy J3 Star phone won't load the fly app. It'll load the dji go4 app.
It's running android 8, 64 bit architecture. I hate to see people drop good money on a tablet where the specs are all good and not have it work. Some of these folks are still waiting to get their mini so if we can provide a confirmed list that would be great.
How much RAM is installed on it?

EDIT: Just looked it up. Only 2GB RAM.

Have flown only once, but this tablet works great as of now. It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32GB Wi-Fi, 64 bit Quad core Processor.
Bought from Best Buy for $198.00 CDN.
Did have some problems downloading the Fly app from google play store, so downloaded off of the Android site. Seems to work.
Hope this helps... good luck.
Cheers

Have flown only once, but this tablet works great as of now. It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32GB Wi-Fi, 64 bit Quad core Processor.
Did have some problems downloading the Fly app from google play store, so downloaded off of the Android site. Seems to work.
Cheers
Saying Tab A doesn't help much since there is many models.
SM-T380 and 385 doesn't work. 64bit processor is also not good enough indication since the OS still could be 32 bit.

The 1200 nits brightness on the Note 8 is hard to beat, you will be disappointed using other device in the sun.

The 1200 nits brightness on the Note 8 is hard to beat, you will be disappointed using other device in the sun.
I agree, the Note 8 with 1200 nits is plenty bright and visible in the sun. Connection is solid, reliable and a good size for my eyes. Not a tablet, but suits my needs.

Cheers

What size/model?

Reactions: 6 String Fan
It is a GalaxyTab A (2019,8.0).
SM-T290NZKAXAC.
Also ordered off Amazon-- Powerextra 4-12 inch Adjustable Extender Tablet holder mount and 9.92" data cable.
This combination works great!

Nice! There's something similar at our local Costco, model SM-T290NZKCXAR, on sale now. I'm a little surprised it works since from what I could see from the Canadian Bestbuy site yours has 2 GB RAM also.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580