DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused about dji care refresh

Rojillio Santoro

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic Pro into a tree branch and slightly damaged one of the rear landing legs so I sent to dji for repair. My understanding was that dji care refresh covered repairs unless the damage was beyond repair, in which case they replace the whole AC for a nominal fee. That is what I recall reading when I purchased djiCR for my 1st Spark ~a year and a half ago. Now they tell me it only covers replacement and I have to pay $79 for a full replacement or pay for repair. Has this policy changed?

I'm also confused about the names "dji Care and "dji Care Refresh" when I first saw this I assumed that one first purchased dji Care then after the year is up you refresh the dji Care. Now my understanding is that dji Care covers some products and dji Care Refresh covers others. This seems like very odd nomenclature, maybe due to Chinese to English translation.

just jumped on the dji store site as my daughter purchased a MM for me for christmas and she said she had added the care refresh as it was a reasonable £35 ,it says it provides up to 2 replacements in the first year of ownership for a small additional charge, i dont know if that is just for the MM but i know the care package for the larger mavics is a lot more costly perhaps they have changed how the care package is marketed due to the number of claims they have received in the past

Reactions: charliesRig
I am not really sure about your situation but I made the brilliant decision to buy it for my MA. A month later I crashed it into a wall and it fell into a deep river. Luckily after searching for 30 min I found it and contacted DJI. They replaced it with a brand new one for $69. Couldn't be happier with this after care insurance package!

Reactions: charliesRig
I am not really sure about your situation but I made the brilliant decision to buy it for my MA. A month later I crashed it into a wall and it fell into a deep river. Luckily after searching for 30 min I found it and contacted DJI. They replaced it with a brand new one for $69. Couldn't be happier with this after care insurance package!
Nice video. It looks like you might have needed a replacement or at least a repair that costed more than the replacement cost you paid under DJICR. In my case the only damage was a cracked rear landing leg which I would, and probably will repair with JB Weld had I realized DJICR didn't cover repairs, only full replacement. I guess the misunderstanding stems from my poor reading ability and perhaps the guy who introduced me to the Spark who also told me DJICR covered flyaways but does't cover damage if the AC goes in the water.. I'll have 2nd thoughts about refreshing my DJIC Refresh next year.

Last edited:
I crashed my Mavic Pro into a tree branch and slightly damaged one of the rear landing legs so I sent to dji for repair. My understanding was that dji care refresh covered repairs unless the damage was beyond repair, in which case they replace the whole AC for a nominal fee. That is what I recall reading when I purchased djiCR for my 1st Spark ~a year and a half ago. Now they tell me it only covers replacement and I have to pay $79 for a full replacement or pay for repair. Has this policy changed?

I'm also confused about the names "dji Care and "dji Care Refresh" when I first saw this I assumed that one first purchased dji Care then after the year is up you refresh the dji Care. Now my understanding is that dji Care covers some products and dji Care Refresh covers others. This seems like very odd nomenclature, maybe due to Chinese to English translation.
Having used DJICARE for a crash with my MPP... first realize that DJI will send either a refurb, like new condition, or a new drone when you use DJICARE. There has always been a fee for using it which varies by type of drone. Refresh is a way to add an additional time to your policy, or use to get a year’s coverage when the 2 claims under the original policy have been used.
Hope this helps understanding.

If the repair is cheaper than the Refresh fee you might want to go that way... DJI will still send a refurb. I don’t think they actually repair the drone that you send them in any case.

FYI, my own claim was quick, easy, and had the new drone in 8 days. DJI even register the new drone’s serial number for me when I checked the webpage.

Nice video. It looks like you might have needed a replacement or at least a repair that costed more than the replacement cost you paid under DJICR. In my case the only damage was a cracked rear landing leg which I would, and probably will repair with JB Weld had I realized DJICR didn't cover repairs, only full replacement. I guess the misunderstanding stems from my poor reading ability and perhaps the guy who introduced me to the Spark who also told me DJICR covered flyaways but does't cover damage if the AC goes in the water..
Actually to be clear - if you cannot produce the drone you will not get a replacement under any circumstance.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61