DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confused about the 98 foot altitude restriction.

Nesher

Reactions
I've seen a lot of on-line discussion about the MA2 not ascending beyond 98 foot AGL, but no real solution. This has been an ongoing problem for me, and I do have the latest firmware.

Today, I took my drone out to a park and did three flights. The first two would not climb beyond 98 feet. The third went to my max altitude setting (390 feet). Does anyone have an authoritative answer to what's going on?

No one will have an authoritative answer, because there are a handful of conditions that will result in a height limit of 30 meters (98 feet).

Most common are:

1 - Not logged into the DJI account
2 - Weak GPS at takeoff
3 - Certain warning zones are height restricted as well.

Since you stated that it happened on two of three flights, I'm guessing #2, but we shouldn't rule out the others.

Log out and back in of your DJI account in the app, make sure you have strong GPS at takeoff, and check your park on the DJI flysafe map...

Thanks. This is much better feedback than I can get on Facebook :)

I wonder if the Downward Vision System was confused because I was flying directly over a flat area of pure white snow. And the fact that the restriction worked on the final attempt may be due to having exited and re-entered the DJI app after the second attempt.

Lesson learned: Download the manual to your tablet so you can refer to it in the field.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Reactions: MA2 317
No one will have an authoritative answer, because there are a handful of conditions that will result in a height limit of 30 meters (98 feet).

Most common are:

1 - Not logged into the DJI account
2 - Weak GPS at takeoff
3 - Certain warning zones are height restricted as well.

Since you stated that it happened on two of three flights, I'm guessing #2, but we shouldn't rule out the others.

Log out and back in of your DJI account in the app, make sure you have strong GPS at takeoff, and check your park on the DJI flysafe map...
And where is the DJI Flysafe map?

So its on the Fly App?

Are you talking about the little map in the bottom left corner of the screen?

Yes, you can see it in-App as well. You don't even need to be connected to open the map in app, or use a computer at the link above.

Reactions: Trackerputnam
Yes, you can see it in-App as well. You don't even need to be connected to open the map in app, or use a computer at the link above.
I have my iPad open in front of me with the fly app and don't see it anywhere.. (not connected)
I found it with your link however..

I have my iPad open in front of me with the fly app and don't see it anywhere.. (not connected)
I found it with your link however..

When you are at the app home screen, tap the map-pin icon in the upper left to bring up the map.

1612818034546.png

When you are at the app home screen, tap the map-pin icon in the upper left to bring up the map.

View attachment 123496
That brings me to "Fly Spots" which says it tracks user data.. not sure I want to agree to that with them.. not sure I like anyone tracking my data anymore than they already do.

Reactions: RonW and GadgetGuy
Same thing here recently, tried everything mentioned and wasn't until I uninstalled and reinstalled the app that it fixed itself.

Had the same issue after the latest firmware update. All I had to do to resolve was go to "profile" and sign out of my DJI Account and then sign back in. Worked just fine after that. When the high/distance restrictions pop up during flight the "note" that pops up states something to that affect as well, but I don't recall exactly what it said now.

Reactions: Nesher
This is much better feedback than I can get on Facebook
IKR, those guys can throw out some really off the wall solutions to an issue...and worse several of them just repeat that bad advice.
I subscribe to them to look at some of the vids/pics posted but if I have an issue I come here.

Reactions: SpitFire
That brings me to "Fly Spots" which says it tracks user data.. not sure I want to agree to that with them.. not sure I like anyone tracking my data anymore than they already do.
I don't think Fly Spots is enabled in most countries. I imagine you would be sharing your favorite spots (which is what it is tracking and sharing) as that is how Fly Spots works. I must have clicked through that at some point, because it only opens the map for me. I have a separate Fly Spots link as shown on the screenshot above, which also just opens the map....

IKR, those guys can throw out some really off the wall solutions to an issue...and worse several of them just repeat that bad advice.
I subscribe to them to look at some of the vids/pics posted but if I have an issue I come here.
Even here you want to make sure info is correct from the Manuel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada