DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confusion about DJI refresh program

njmowatt

Reactions
I purchased my bird in early march (w DJI refresh) and crashed it in early May. Sent it in for repair early June under the program and got it back July 10 (yesterday).

This bird has a different serial number so I assume t hat they replaced mine with another one.

When I booted everything up the app asked me to activate the drone for first time use. Did that - no problems.

But then it recommended that I get the DJI Refresh program for this bird.

Question:
what happen to the time remaining on original bird? there was about 8 or 9 months left which I'd hate to have to give up.
Is there anyway to transfer the time remaining to the new serial number?
Anyone else got into this situation?

I only have about 24 hours to do this if I have to buy new so fast answers would definitely be appreciated.

1st, is there a way to cancel that prompt?
2nd contact DJI and let them know what's up.
3rd if everything's ironed out....FLY SAFE!

what happen to the time remaining on original bird? there was about 8 or 9 months left which I'd hate to have to give up.

You're not giving up anything. DJI internally transfers your new serial number to your existing contract. To verify this, do as @Top Hat suggested and contact them via chat or phone to make sure they have your new serial number on your contract and ask them to send you a copy of the contract with the new serial # on it.

Is there anyway to transfer the time remaining to the new serial number?

Probably already done by if you already paid the $79 for the first refresh.

Anyone else got into this situation?

Yes and you just have to contact them about it and get a new copy of the contract with current serial #. Your next refresh will cost $129.

DJI has a Refresh verification tool on their website. Just put in the new aircraft serial number, a robot prevention code and it shows the state of the refresh for that serial number.

I'm good! it show both old and new aircraft serial #'s with the accurate time left.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242