DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connected tablet device with MM?

HumbearKS

Reactions
While I am waiting to get my own MM as my first drone, I was wondering whether folks have any suggestion regarding the use of a tablet with it ( versus regular smartphone device). Main question is does it need to have cellular connection built in or would it be sufficient without that option for "normal" recreational use. Thanks for any suggestions...

at this time that is not an easy question to answer,there are lots of issues with various makes and types of phone or tablet,and different solutions to overcome them

i am waiting for my MM to arrive and am hoping i can use my 9.7 inch wifi only 6th gen ipad the app loads but has not been optimised for the i pad yet

it really depends what size of screen you prefer as well my old eyes benefit from the larger size of the ipad but you may not need it so a smaller display will do

sorry i could not be more helpful at this time maybe someone else could chime in with their thoughts

I am planning to use the Samsung S9+ smartphone first but this is definitely not an ideal solution from a display size perspective. I have the same vision issue. Would prefer an 8 to 10 inch Android tablet (not IOS). Are there any scenarios where I would need to have an instant internet connection from my tablet?

The mini 4 fits the MM remote as it comes. Great to get airborne in a hurry. I also have a Skykreat tablet holder that fits atop the remote that I prefer for longer flying. It’s more comfortable and holds my big iPad or the mini.

Non cellular.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143