DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection Problem Initial Flight

jssphoto

Reactions
Using an iPod Touch 6 as my mobile device, I've connected it by wire to the RC. In beginner mode Wi-Fi is recommended. I choose the Wi-Fi network spelled out on the arm of the aircraft and put in the pass word. Then I switch on Wi-Fi on the aircraft, but on the iPod 6 screen it still says "disconnected." Am I missing something?

Yes, wifi is not recommended for beginner mode! Wifi is only used when you don’t want to use the remote at all, it connects directly from the Mavic to the mobile device via wifi completely removing the RC from the setup.

Go back to RC mode but make sure that beginner mode is enabled in the DJI Go 4 app.

OK. Thanks. Two questions: 1. How do I take off from the RC, and 2. without Wi-Fi, do I still see what the camera is seeing on my mobile device?
I'm surprised this is not spelled out in the manual. So if the mobile device says "disconnected" that does not mean that the WiFi is not working? I certainly have it plugged in.
Why is there no simple procedure spelled out to get the aircraft into the air taking pictures?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus