DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Consideration on using a tablet ??

mitchsnv1

Reactions
is it important to get a wifi enabled tablet ?? what are the advantages of having wifi?? updated moving google maps ??

1st time ? very much a mavic rookie !! LOL

All tablets should be Wi-Fi enabled. Did you mean GPS or cellular?

I have an iPad Air 2 and love it.
I don't think you can purchase an tablet that doesn't have wifi capability... what would be the point.
I just link my iPhone to my tablet to cache maps and FB live stuff.
So if your thinking data plan and not wifi.. there are work arounds.

Reactions: mitchsnv1
I think,,, I mispoke or asked ? too quickly,,, I think I know understand,,, cache'ing the maps,,, with wifi on ,,, then turning off,,, once your flying,,, guess,,, since Im only using my phone,,, right now,, and its got a data connection,,, this hasn't been a issue,,, Id be curious,,, if I used a non - cellular,,, andrioid tablet,,, on flying,,, (location) would I need to have wifi on,,, and cache,,, the maps,,, prior to actually flying,,, I think Ive sort of answered my own ?? but thanks,,, Id be curious what android,,, tablets,,, folks like !!

It's okay to disable Wi-Fi while you're flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and love it.
I don't think you can purchase an tablet that doesn't have wifi capability... what would be the point.
I just link my iPhone to my tablet to cache maps and FB live stuff.
So if your thinking data plan and not wifi.. there are work arounds.
hmmm good point,,, and yes,,, mispoke,,, all tablets should have wifi,,,, im just curious,,, if its a pain to not use,,, a "data" enabled device live,,,, to fly with ,,, how exactly are you paring ,,, your phone to your Ipad ?? hot spot ??

I think,,, I mispoke or asked ? too quickly,,, I think I know understand,,, cache'ing the maps,,, with wifi on ,,, then turning off,,, once your flying,,, guess,,, since Im only using my phone,,, right now,, and its got a data connection,,, this hasn't been a issue,,, Id be curious,,, if I used a non - cellular,,, andrioid tablet,,, on flying,,, (location) would I need to have wifi on,,, and cache,,, the maps,,, prior to actually flying,,, I think Ive sort of answered my own ?? but thanks,,, Id be curious what android,,, tablets,,, folks like !!

You really should have a tablet with GPS. That way you can have the Mavic follow the controller for example. And it puts you right on the maps. I just got a Galaxy Tab S2 T710 model. It is full sun high noon viewable and has a high pixel density screen. Same as I pad retina. I have a hotspot on my phone so the Tablet is always connected to the internet.

You really should have a tablet with GPS. That way you can have the Mavic follow the controller for example. And it puts you right on the maps. I just got a Galaxy Tab S2 T710 model. It is full sun high noon viewable and has a high pixel density screen. Same as I pad retina. I have a hotspot on my phone so the Tablet is always connected to the internet.
awesome tip !! thanks

It fits better than my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The corners poke right through the slots in the fold out arms. Solid as a rock and tight against the bottom edge of the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin