DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Considering a set of Goggles.......few questions

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
When DJI first introduced the Goggles, I thought it was a must have, but then I saw the price and went the ways of an iPad instead (which of course sees way more than just dedicated drone use).

Now that the price has somewhat come down ($279 for a refurb at the DJI store), I'm actually considering getting a pair.

I have been out of the Goggle loop for a while though, so I have a few questions:

1) Will I be able to use both my iPad and Goggles at the same time?

2) If so, will both have access to camera/flight controls or will it be either or?

3) For those that have both iPads and Goggles, is there a noticeable difference in image quality?

4) Would it be worth it to go with the RE version if I only plan on using it with my Mavic Pro?

5) Have there been any rumors from DJI about an updated version of the Goggles? (they always seem to come out with something new right when I'm able to afford what's current lol)

Reactions: Mike357
1) Will I be able to use both my iPad and Goggles at the same time?
Yes.

2) If so, will both have access to camera/flight controls or will it be either or?
See this video for an explanation of the features available in the Goggles. Anything not available there could be accessed from DJI GO (like you're doing now).

4) Would it be worth it to go with the RE version if I only plan on using it with my Mavic Pro?
Some say the RE version is more comfortable. I don't think that alone is worth the difference in the price.

5) Have there been any rumors from DJI about an updated version of the Goggles?
Not yet. However, I suspect this is a product they will continue to develop.

Thanks for the quick response :)

I guess the only reason I would prefer the RE version apart from the added comfort is the color :rolleyes:

Can’t stand DJI white

It’s probably the main reason I’ve stayed away from the Phantoms all these years lol

I can say I have a ipad mini 4 and there are times when the ipad is lagging the video BUT when I look thru the goggles that SAME video is nice and smooth!!

I hope that helps :)

I've never had any lag with my iPad Air 2

However, I once got a signal glitch while flying over some high voltage power lines (~2:00 mark)

Note: entire video was captured by my iPad's cache, not the SD Card

One last question before I place my order.....

Anyone happen to have a current coupon code for the DJI Store?

I've never had any lag with my iPad Air 2

However, I once got a signal glitch while flying over some high voltage power lines (~2:00 mark)

Note: entire video was captured by my iPad's cache, not the SD Card

One last question before I place my order.....

Anyone happen to have a current coupon code for the DJI Store?

I am not sure what processor the ipad air 2 has maybe its newer and faster then the ipad mini 4? but I do notice that with my ipad mini 4 and I have all the background refresh off! just a fyi on that I have even gotten device overload msg ( something like that) I will be downgrading the go app in the next couple weeks to see if that will help

however I am sure screen recording is not helping matters to :(

hum interesting what go app version is he using?

Not sure, but it was an older version of the App I was using (which was the latest back in August/September)

That being said, I think I jinxed myself cause I downloaded the latest app and now I get horrible lag when I use the screen record :eek:

How do I go back to an older version?

Around the 2:04 mark had me nervous. Did you realize you were that close to the lines at the time?

Oh and my experience with the goggles is they are awesome at what they do. The big downside for me is not being able to see what is going on around you. That, and they are huge. The visual experience is superb however. I just don't like not being able to see around me. I ended up buying the Crystalsky and love it. I will still use my goggles, but for most flights, it will be the Crystalsky.

Not sure, but it was an older version of the App I was using (which was the latest back in August/September)

That being said, I think I jinxed myself cause I downloaded the latest app and now I get horrible lag when I use the screen record :eek:

How do I go back to an older version?

yup I was wondering what version you was using to get no lag :) also what ios version are you running to? that can make a difference with lag too!

Around the 2:04 mark had me nervous. Did you realize you were that close to the lines at the time?

I knew they were there, but didn't realize how high they were

yup I was wondering what version you was using to get no lag :) also what ios version are you running to? that can make a difference with lag too!

I've always updated the IOS with my first iPad and never had an issue.

Currently running 11.3.1

I knew they were there, but didn't realize how high they were

I've always updated the IOS with my first iPad and never had an issue.

Currently running 11.3.1

I don't cause that could also take up more processing speed/ takes up more space too matter of fact I wish I could roll mine back to version 11.0 but I cant :(

did you get your Go app rollback?

So the Goggles arrived today and of course we have rain for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Linked them to my MP and tried to get a feel for the Goggles in my kitchen (definitely gunna take some getting used to)

Looking over some tutorial videos and this one kinda got me....

At 3:35, he mentions that switching between transmission modes may change the recording resolution :confused:

Is he referring to what is recorded on the SD card or what is saved to the cache?

I have my SD recordings set to 1080p (4k is a bit much for my Laptop to edit) and would like to keep it that way regardless of what setting I use on the goggles for the clearest transmission.

Last edited:
The Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses can also be connected to the Mavic Pro/Air remote controller.
If you have an HDMI output on your mobile device, you could also connect any goggles that have an HDMI input.
only $699 ouch. maybe there is a work around for some more economical ones?
i have used many devices with the Mavic controller and the only one I have come to trust is an Ipad.(the only one that doesnt crash with the go4 app)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest