DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Considering RemoteID, best long term DJI Drone purchase?

nick779

Reactions
Hello again everyone,

I'm back in the market for a camera drone after selling my Mini 2 to a friend. I was fairly set on a Air 2S, but considering the upcoming RemoteID requirements, I'm not so sure it's a great purchase if I intend to keep it for ~3-5 years depending on how it ages. It's too early to tell how those requirements will affect something like battery life when they come to be.

I'm back to bouncing back and forth between an Air 2S and another Mini 2 (RemoteID exempt), but haven't made a decision yet. I don't have any intention of spending over ~$1,500 (for a FMC).

What would you do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris4koi
Hello again everyone,

I'm back in the market for a camera drone after selling my Mini 2 to a friend. I was fairly set on a Air 2S, but considering the upcoming RemoteID requirements, I'm not so sure it's a great purchase if I intend to keep it for ~3-5 years depending on how it ages. It's too early to tell how those requirements will affect something like battery life when they come to be.

I'm back to bouncing back and forth between an Air 2S and another Mini 2, but haven't made a decision yet. I don't have any intention of spending over ~$1,500 (for a FMC).

What would you do?
You could hold your breath for the Mavic 3 ( 10/15/21 )0r go with Air 2 S. Personally I’d go with Air 2 S, currently I have the original Mavic Mini.
B52-D

Reactions: Chris4koi
Hello again everyone,

I'm back to bouncing back and forth between an Air 2S and another Mini 2 (RemoteID exempt), but haven't made a decision yet. I don't have any intention of spending over ~$1,500 (for a FMC).

What would you do?
I’m going to wait for the Mavic 4. ?

I
You could hold your breath for the Mavic 3 ( 10/15/21 )0r go with Air 2 S. Personally I’d go with Air 2 S, currently I have the original Mavic Mini.
B52-D
I'm half hoping that the M3 launches and pushes the Air 2S down slightly in price, but considering the leaked prices, that isn't likely.

I think I'm just going to go for the Air2S if there'd a half decent deal for BF and go from there. Perhaps the Mini available in 2023 will have some nice new features. If there's no deal though, not sure.

The Mini 2 is such a dang good deal though especially in the FMC and with the pending SDK drop for Litchi.

Choices are good, but it could easily go both ways here.

FWIW, I bought another Mini 2 just now. It's just too good for the money. I'll wait a few more years before going Air or Mavic Pro class and see if tracking gets better and RemoteID becomes too much of a hassle.

Still appreciate the advice all. Love this forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000