DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constantly getting weak signal

scottief

Reactions
Im getting frustrated. I keep getting a weak signal. The furthest I have flown is 956 meters. Im not sure if its the area I live in? What can cause this. Everything is up to date with firmware

Warnings I keep getting are: Weak signal.Adust antenna and avoid signal block.

I adjust them but nothing happens.

that's about normal is you are outside of America as we run a lot lower power

USA 0.4w power 7k range
Rest of world 0.09w power 4k range

Add anything that affects signal
weather, trees, buildings, electro smog
the signal can be greatly effected

Best I've got was at the great wall of China 1.6k
Where I live Milton Keynes UK depending on where and when 400 - 700m

Last edited:
that's about normal is you are outside of America as we run a lot lower power

USA 0.4w power 7k range
Rest of world 0.09w power 4k range

Add anything that affects signal
weather, trees, buildings, electronic smog
the signal can be greatly effected

Best I've got was at the great wall of China 1.6k
Where I live Milton Keynes UK depending on where and when 400 - 700m

I’m in Australia and while I’m not especially interested in maximum range I flew out 2.6km the other weekend with 4 bar signal strength and perfect video feed

Haloweenhampster,

Is the difference in signal strength solely down to the hand controller? I know that there are a millionty threads on range, so a yes /no would be great.

no hence 2 signal bars control signal is RC - AC comms video signal is AC - RC comms

On mavic front right leg has receive aerial front left has transmit aerial

mine seemed to fly ok but without video with the left leg broken off (no aerial)

But on the remote you can amplify both the transmit and receive signals to give yourself extra range

Should easily get way more than that. When you say you're adjusting the antennas, are you adjusting them *correctly*. The wide, flat edge of the antennas have to be angled in such a way where they are beaming directly towards the drone. You have to have the flat bits not the end or edges. Its a directional antenna and makes a huge difference.
Are you trying to do this in a town or city that has lots of wifi or trees or buildings. Try it in an open area.

Im not in an FCC area but have got 2 miles or so out of it (never lost signal yet), you should certainly get a lot more than 1km but maybe not if its in a town, with wifi, buildings and trees. From my experience most peoples problem is not having the antennas pointed towards the drone correctly and their body isnt facing it with the RC (use the radar not map display). 20 degrees or so body twist can ruin a signal.

Should easily get way more than that. When you say you're adjusting the antennas, are you adjusting them *correctly*. The wide, flat edge of the antennas have to be angled in such a way where they are beaming directly towards the drone. You have to have the flat bits not the end or edges. Its a directional antenna and makes a huge difference.
Are you trying to do this in a town or city that has lots of wifi or trees or buildings. Try it in an open area.

Im not in an FCC area but have got 2 miles or so out of it (never lost signal yet), you should certainly get a lot more than 1km but maybe not if its in a town, with wifi, buildings and trees. From my experience most peoples problem is not having the antennas pointed towards the drone correctly and their body isnt facing it with the RC (use the radar not map display). 20 degrees or so body twist can ruin a signal.
I do actually have the antennas angled. I even went to and pointed the controller in the direction of the mavic, and didn't help. I do live in the county with lots of trees. I tried at my uncles which had the same effect.

Phantomcontrol.jpg

Ignore the phanrom bits but the errors show where those have to be pointed. Flat bits directly towards the drone at all times. Solid objects eat microwaves. You need clear line of sight for signal propagation. That means no trees or buildings between your RC and the mavic.

Id also always recommend using the radar display so you can use that to ensure youre always angled body wise directly towards the mavic. Even 10 degrees off makes a difference.

When I was still using CE power, I could fly into an ocean 3.6km out at low altitude without getting disconnected. I actually could fly quite a bit further should the wind wasn't so strong that it triggered RTH rather early. At home in the city, I could only get around 1.8km flying LOS at high altitude. So the condition where you are flying has a big impact on the range. Of course pointing the RC antenna correctly is a must to get the maximum distance.

With FCC, I can reach 3.6km in the city with stock antenna.

If you have lots of trees, lots of buildings and wifi around you i would suggest the titan atlas boosted antenna! I bought one and got 2x the range in my tree, building wifi infested island,,,,,

Im getting frustrated. I keep getting a weak signal. The furthest I have flown is 956 meters. Im not sure if its the area I live in? What can cause this. Everything is up to date with firmware

Warnings I keep getting are: Weak signal.Adust antenna and avoid signal block.

I adjust them but nothing happens.

Hello,

Sorry but i just speak french (or litlle english)

I has the same problem like you :
Weak signal, adjust your antenna and avoid system" between 600 meters and 1000 meters.
I have found how to resolve the problem if your are interested : this is my answer in france.

PROBLEME RESOLU!

Bonsoir a tous, le probleme du weak signal a enfin été résolu!

Par chance, j'ai un ami qui possede le meme drone (mavic pro), nous l'avons teste au meme endroit, effectivement sur le mien apparaissait "weak signal, adjust your antenna and avoid system" (aux alentours des 600 metres) et jamais sur le sien (meme au dela de 4000 metres)

Par consequent, nous avons decidé d'echanger nos telcommande pour tester si le probleme persiter sur mon drone : resultat plus de soucis!!

Le probleme venant donc la telecommande, j'en ai decidé d'avoir voir le probleme d'un peu plus près. Et c'est en ouvrant la telecommande que je suis tombé dessus : le cable reliee a l'antenne gauche de ma radiocommande n'etait pas correctement clipsé (je dis bien "pas correctement" car ce genre de clip ne se defait pas tout seul meme avec d'enormes chocs).

Du coup, apres reclipsage et remise en configuration de ma radiocommande :

PLUS AUCUN probleme avec ma radiocommande et mon mavic (4000 metres sans probleme et sans forcer )

Enfin!

Pour ceux qui veulent en savoir plus, j'ai pris des photos ou voici mon adresse mail perso :

[email protected]

Salut et a bientot

Reactions: ssyipa
I'm having the exact same problem :(:(:(:( ........ can any one post a picture of the "proper wiring" inside mavic pro RC ? because I never open my RC to look inside and I 've no other RC to compare with,,,, I hope the problem is not from the bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada