DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constructive feedback! Even if it's just something small I can do better next time - let me know!

Grade: B 🥲

Notes: Good establishing sequence but it could be tightened up. Also, if you extend that low-level fly-by of the clubhouse out to the first tee, it’ll flow into the subsequent scene better.

When you have luscious footage like those sunbeams, I wouldn’t intercut it with non-sunbeam footage. In particular, any footage that’s gloomy (no sunbeams) should be rejected unless it is utterly vital to the mission.

You may also want to consider a wider variety of altitudes and/or different dramatic effects. For instance, after the luscious sunbeam sequence, take us low, rocketing down a tree-lined fairway in FPV. Or follow—in reverse—the trajectory of a ball hot off a golfer’s tee.

Without knowing your intent I can’t assess the success of your film. I enjoyed it, but did not come away with a strong “what a place!” impression.

Tend to agree with Prismatic. Lovely footage though and really like your title logo. Very classy. Good luck with your enterprise.

IMO clips are way to short. I just get interested in one and it blinks to another. Each clip should have some movement which leads to a transition to the next clip so it keeps a story smooth and moving.

It's always better leaving a viewer wanting more of a scene than to have them feel satiated because they will come back for more, rather than walk away saying, I'm done, that was just enough. That's why all video today is quick teaser shots, making you want to see more.

I didn't think the shots were too short, and they were nicely timed and cut to match the piano. One possible suggestion would be to vary the lengths a bit more. Most of the shots held for exactly 4 beats of the song, which is good, but there were several in a row that were that exact length, plus some at the end that were 8 beats long. It might add interest to have a couple 4-beat shots, then an 8-beat, then more 4-beat shots and another 8-beat, and maybe even a 6-beat shot + a 6-beat shot, so you kind of know when to expect a scene change, but then it does something mildly surprising sometimes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme