DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Continued "Battery overcurrent" issue

davedrone 178

Reactions
Sent my Mini 3 Pro in for repair for a focus problem and the dreaded "battery overcurrent" issue. Got the drone back but
she still has the battery overcurrent problem. First thing from DJI support is "take it easy with the sticks". Wrong answer.
Can anyone here fly in "sport" mode without issue? Should I expect the drone to be replaced? Problem arises almost immediately in sport mode with any of the four batteries I have and in any weather condition.

Last edited:
@davedrone 178 , just out of interest is the drone you got back the same one you sent in, ie same serial number ,DJI tend to send out a new or refurbed drone ,the reason i ask is because it seems strange to have the same message if the drone is a different one
have the props become deformed during storage at all,this can cause issues
before you try anything else do a fresh start both with the App and the drone calibrating everything and then seeing if there is any difference

" Take it easy with the sticks, LOL im dead.

Can you post exactly what message your getting or Error as I have not had any issues thus far with the Battery and not sure what I am looking for.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Going to do my best to get this error message by shooting straight up with 4 ounces of weight on the drone. keep you posted.

Updated : Was not able to reproduce error message after 10 rocket flights to 400 ft up or down with the added weight no issues.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Why don't you try flying with full stick forward in "sport" mode. I never got the message ascending full throttle.
Sorry, We fly every flight in Sport mode so that was a given. No error message showing up , I have a few more ideas, Going to try a battery already low charge.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. land on the Water.

Looks like you'll never have a problem. I think DJI knows there is an issue. Not going to
accept their advice...."take it easy with the sticks" LOL

I read some of the other Forum Remarks and its very common warning but it seems to be nothing more than a warning like any other such as High Wind Warning . .

I think they might adjust it on an update as it may be to sensitive, its the Equal to High Wind Warning we used to get when there was no wind as of now I did not see any result of the warning itself.

They should go back to the High Wind Warning and call it a day , this warning is to dramatic, and nothing comes out of it, drones are not falling out of the sky.

Phatnomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
The only time I've ever seen that “battery overcurrent” message was when I was testing how much weight my M3P could lift.

That was @ 12 ounces (ca. 454 grams) – it (mine, at least) could only do 10 ounces (ca. 378 grams) with the Plus battery.

LOTS of High Wind Warnings, though.

I would contact DJI & poke them until they make a worthy response. I'm assuming that all the battery & internal mating contacts are clean & batteries are in good health? 🤷‍♀️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters