Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Continued mild frustration

45er

Ok, this morning I take off and fly my Platinum about 1000 feet when all of a sudden, the picture froze. I returned home, turned off the battery and then turned it back on. It went through its start-up procedure and the camera seemed work fine. Took off again and flew out about 2000 feet, all working fine. Then the picture froze again. RTH worked fine and I went through the same procedure. Flew around close by for a few minutes and the camera worked fine.

The frustration of this is that I CAN'T TELL IF THIS DRONE IS MALFUNCTIONING OR ARE THESE INSTANCES JUST IDIOSYNCRASIES I NEED TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH? The problem isn't consistent.

Anyone have similar issues? Is there a setting that is causing this? I'm stumped.

45er

Is it the DJI Go App freezing up or is it just the video signal cutting out?
Just the video signal. I RTH and the distances, altitude, battery life %, etc. etc. etc. all seem to operate normally. After landing, I activate the gimbel and it rotates as normal, just no picture change. This morning I had a nice shot of the top of my forest 1000' from my house on the screen until I turned off the battery and restarted everything. As stated above, this happened twice. The third time I flew it around a bit it worked fine.

FoxhallGH

Website
www.foxhallsolutions.com
Have you confirmed that this is happening to the video recorded at the Mavic i.e. is the video recorded to the SD card also showing the same lock-up?
It's possible that the Mavic is operating OK, but the link to your phone/tablet is what's going wrong ...???

45er

I may have mislead some of you. I'm not recording any video during these flights. I'm talking about the "live" screen as seen through the drone camera while flying. That is what is "freezing" during flight, locking up on a single screen "view" until I can turn off the battery and start everything up again.

Kilrah

Then you should record some video, the point being to check after the flight whether you only have a video link issue or if the whole camera goes dead. If the recorded video is fine then it's not the latter.

45er

Flew this morning without a problem. Moved gimbal up and down and went up to 315 feet. Never lost a picture and I took some stills. Now to figure out why the "height" says 21 feet when the drone touches down on landing? LOL

FoxhallGH

Website
www.foxhallsolutions.com
I may have mislead some of you. I'm not recording any video during these flights. I'm talking about the "live" screen as seen through the drone camera while flying. That is what is "freezing" during flight, locking up on a single screen "view" until I can turn off the battery and start everything up again.
What phone / tablet are you using for your controller link? and - have you tried disconnecting the side cable on the controller, and using your mobile device charging USB cable from the USB 2.0 socket in the base of the controller, into the device??

45er

What phone / tablet are you using for your controller link? and - have you tried disconnecting the side cable on the controller, and using your mobile device charging USB cable from the USB 2.0 socket in the base of the controller, into the device??
Using a brand new IPad. Cable is USB to LIghtning.