DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller battery runs down quickly

B

Bluukeu

Hi all

The battery on my Controller seems to run down very quickly and seems to need to be recharged after only 2-3 flights.

(Yet on the forums most people say they get about 6 full flights from 1 charge)

Anyone else experienced a similar issue, or know of a solution please?

Reactions: Andrew F
Is the controller charging you conected mobile ??

If it is disable charging

Not that I'm aware of. My phone or tablet is always fully charged at the start.
But if so, where can that option be switched off then please?

The first thing to check is if the charging icon appears on your mobile ...

There is no option to control whether the charger charges your phone that I have found. Doesn't it output something like 500mw? Not nearly enough to charge a big phone. My iPhone 6s Plus doesn't register as charging when plugged in. However I noticed my controller doesn't last more than 3-5 flights, and my phone loses about 30% each flight.

Did we get anywhere with this? I have the same issue on galaxy s7 edge.

I will be starting to use a bush tablet soon and I hope that I can get more than 3 flights from a controller charge!

S7 Edge Australian Optus - latest firmware. I get about 3 flights. The phone doesn't even show its charging. I am using the USB bottom port btw.
I guess this is the sacrifice for using a smaller controller. Best bet is to carry a MAVIC Battery bank adaptor or get an external power source.

Reactions: Dougie
S7 Edge Australian Optus - latest firmware. I get about 3 flights. The phone doesn't even show its charging. I am using the USB bottom port btw.
I guess this is the sacrifice for using a smaller controller. Best bet is to carry a MAVIC Battery bank adaptor or get an external power source.

Thanks for the input mate :)

The Mavic Battery to Power Bank Adaptor uses a Mavic battery to charge your phone, tablet or the RC. So you're trading running down a charged flying battery to recharge your device or RC. Sounds like something you wouldn't want to do unless you just really needed to get one more flight in or you have a whole bag full of extra Mavic batteries. Or is there some other scenario I'm missing?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The Mavic Battery to Power Bank Adaptor uses a Mavic battery to charge your phone, tablet or the RC. So you're trading running down a charged flying battery to recharge your device or RC. Sounds like something you wouldn't want to do unless you just really needed to get one more flight in or you have a whole bag full of extra Mavic batteries. Or is there some other scenario I'm missing?

I have 3 batts in total. If I have to, I will use the almost depleted batts with the Mavic battery bank adaptor to charge the controller.

Reactions: Kilrah
Same here - 3 batteries. After flying all three of my batteries down to 25% - my RC is at 35-40%. So I'm thinking a couple more batteries might be in order. Out of curiosity - I just connected a fully charged battery to a 90% RC and charged the RC to 100% - drained the Mavic battery to 92% in 15 minutes.

Hi all

The battery on my Controller seems to run down very quickly and seems to need to be recharged after only 2-3 flights.

(Yet on the forums most people say they get about 6 full flights from 1 charge)

Anyone else experienced a similar issue, or know of a solution please?
Mine too. I'm using an S7 Edge and it shows that it is charging. I'm just planning on using the depleted batteries to charge the controller during battery switch overs or else bring a PowerBank and charge in between. Definitely need a good RC charge!

Reactions: Mr Spock
Thanks Yes, on the advice given, it was just a waiting game. As the Controller battery has now been recharged several times, Im getting 5-6 flights out if it before the next recharge.
Am also now using a 7" Bush Spira B2 Android Tablet, which works a treat, fits perfectly within the controller arms, and has a SUPERBRIGHT screen for outdoors use.
Am a happy chappy now :)

Attachments

• controller7tab.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
Thanks Yes, on the advice given, it was just a waiting game. As the Controller battery has now been recharged several times, Im getting 5-6 flights out if it before the next recharge.
Am also now using a 7" Bush Spira B2 Android Tablet, which works a treat, fits perfectly within the controller arms, and has a SUPERBRIGHT screen for outdoors use.
Am a happy chappy now :)

I copied you, I think it must have been yourself I was taking to yesterday about the tablet and I bought one. haven't used it with mavic during flight but 100% impressed overall so far

In the same exact boat as you. Careful with your s7e, I dropped mine when removing from the case before a flight last weekend, sent some lightning breaks through both sides of the screen... If only the RC could support phones with cases... sigh. At least I have phone insurance I guess. Not keen on the whole process after going through about 5 different phones in the past couple months due to the note7 fiasco with Optus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In the same exact boat as you. Careful with your s7e, I dropped mine when removing from the case before a flight last weekend, sent some lightning breaks through both sides of the screen... If only the RC could support phones with cases... sigh. At least I have phone insurance I guess. Not keen on the whole process after going through about 5 different phones in the past couple months due to the note7 fiasco with Optus.

**** that's a shame. I'm definately paranoid. bought the tablet mentioned above and will be less bothered about breaking that as it was only £70 compared to £600 lol

I recommend buying a cheap used Note 4 or 5 and just leaving it attached. Makes setting up way easier too. Then you can just install DJI GO without other apps slowing it down.

I recommend buying a cheap used Note 4 or 5 and just leaving it attached. Makes setting up way easier too. Then you can just install DJI GO without other apps slowing it down.

Yeah dedicated screen. I bought the tablet as above but it can't fit in the mavic fly more bag :( I put it in front pocket and it sticks out the top but it's still ok

Is there any way to stop the S7 charging when using the controller? I tried changing the USB connection settings and tried USB debug mode but it is just stuck at "charging" mode. Everything works fine but the phone just drains the controller's battery.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: theblackecho
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929