DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Calibration shows left stick permanently of by 4 to 6.

Toruk Makto

Reactions
Sometimes I cannot complete my stick calabration due to left stick unable to reach left/down corner in graphic on app. The stick is phisically as far into corner as casing will allow.

This has been noticed since I got The Mavic Pro but only noticed the increasing problem when saw uninstructed movement in flight once.

What should I do next.

Reactions: JamesA and jljal288
Sometimes I cannot complete my stick calabration due to left stick unable to reach left/down corner in graphic on app. The stick is phisically as far into corner as casing will allow.

This has been noticed since I got The Mavic Pro but only noticed the increasing problem when saw uninstructed movement in flight once.

What should I do next.
I have a very similar issue right now, did you get any progress on this? Does anyone have any suggestions. Controller won't reach 100 percent in remote calibration graphic, in the lower hslves, during the calibration. However in the pre calibration graphic exactly the same it does reach 100 percent, not sure what any of this means or doesn't mean. Controller also won't factory reset in assistant,, just resets. not too sure how to sort this as unsure if it's a magnetic issue with the remote itself or just a software bug in the calibration process. Any bright ideas anyone?

What device are you using? For instance the magnet embedded in an iPad mini can effect stick calibration if the home button is on the left.

Last edited:
I’ve always put the home button on the right in the rc and never had any problems. That puts the strongest magnets on my iPad mini4 furthest from the sensors used by the sticks.

What device are you using? For instance the magnet embedded in an iPad mini can effect stick calibration I’d the home button is on the left.
I'm with you on that Aussie, the thing is I've tried calibrating with the tablet a good distance away from the rc, seems not to make any difference. Think maybe the magnets in the tablet have thrown off some of the magnets around the stick. Not too sure how to resolve but will keep fiddling with it.

I'm with you on that Aussie, the thing is I've tried calibrating with the tablet a good distance away from the rc, seems not to make any difference. Think maybe the magnets in the tablet have thrown off some of the magnets around the stick. Not too sure how to resolve but will keep fiddling with it.

Also, I am using nvidia shield k1 tablet.

Okay I've had a little go with a magnet degaussing the remote, it has improved it but not completely removed the issue. As much as keep trying to further degauss it doesn't make the issue any better beyond a certain point. Should I keep trying to degauss see if can get it that last bit or do I need a slightly more powerful magnet or something. Any knowledgeable advice on this /degaussing the rc is very welcome!!!

Okay I've had a little go with a magnet degaussing the remote, it has improved it but not completely removed the issue. As much as keep trying to further degauss it doesn't make the issue any better beyond a certain point. Should I keep trying to degauss see if can get it that last bit or do I need a slightly more powerful magnet or something. Any knowledgeable advice on this /degaussing the rc is very welcome!!!
The remote uses Hall Sensors to measure the movement of the stick. These sensors use magnets to measure the position of the stick so degaussing the remote might not be a good idea. It could be that the sensor has not been mounted correctly causing the various end points to be incorrect.

The remote uses Hall Sensors to measure the movement of the stick. These sensors use magnets to measure the position of the stick so degaussing the remote might not be a good idea. It could be that the sensor has not been mounted correctly causing the various end points to be incorrect.

Thanks bob, degaussing the RC worked and got the left stick back reading correct values. It was magnets in my tablet/tablet case that were throwing it off. Over time, tablet/case had altered the magnetic behaviour in the direction of the tablet, permanently, without the influence from magnet that I used. Got a new tablet case ordered so I can flip the tablet round 180 to keep all magnets away from the RC sticks. THEN, should be back to normal!

I had exactly same issue with my left stick where it couldn’t reach lower left corner during calibration!

Also notice that Mavic wasn’t flying super straight. Didn’t think about iPad mini interference.

Anything I can do to fix this and still use iPad mini for my enjoyable big screen flights?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851