DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller connection error

thomaspiano

Reactions
Any idea why my controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during flight. All firmware is current and battery fully charged. Controller and phone are at 70%.

phone is new Samsung note 8. phone stays connected. states connection error. M2z freezes until remote controller regains connection.

You can try another cable from device to Remote Controller. You can also remove DJIGO4 -restart device and then reinstall. These are just some options to help isolate the issue.

Any idea why my controller keeps disconnecting

Cable. (Not to steal Starz’ glory of course. ) :)

And if possible, assuming it’s to your liking, folks seem to have better luck with the USB A port on the bottom of the RC and steer clear of the side port. Dollars to donuts the cable is your problem.

KB

Reactions: RTKD
Any idea why my controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during flight. All firmware is current and battery fully charged. Controller and phone are at 70%.
Does this happen when both are fully charged?
phone is new Samsung note 8. phone stays connected. states connection error. M2z freezes until remote controller regains connection.
From the above, it sounds like it the remote controller disconnecting and not your phone. If so, your phone or cable are not the problem. Unless things have changed with the M2, you should be able to disconnect the phone and still fly. How far away is the M2 when this happens? Do you have the flat sides of the RC antennas facing the M2? Having RTH set to hover would be the cause of your M2 "freezing" until connection is re-established.

Oops, I see that the AC stops. Watch the telemetry on the RC, does it stop updating?
Try manually forcing 2.4 or 5.8 and look at your signal graph via the app.

Does this happen when both are fully charged?

From the above, it sounds like it the remote controller disconnecting and not your phone. If so, your phone or cable are not the problem. Unless things have changed with the M2, you should be able to disconnect the phone and still fly. How far away is the M2 when this happens? Do you have the flat sides of the RC antennas facing the M2? Having RTH set to hover would be the cause of your M2 "freezing" until connection is re-established.

yes, when both at least 70%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada