DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller disconnecting

Dallyg

Reactions
Hey Guys, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone has any insight. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum that I have loved from the start. I just got a iphone 12 pro max. My first experience mating the 2 together. The phone was having lots of trouble staying connected. I rebooted the phone a couple times, but it even disconnected in the air. I brought the MPP back, and rebooted the phone again. Then I was able to fly a short time with no disconnection. I tried all the common sense things, but maybe I just need a cord that is not attached to the controller itself? thats the only thing I can come up with. I wanted to check here before contacting DJI. They did tell me before I bought the phone that it was compatible.
Thanks gentlemen!

Precisely what is the disconnect message you are seeing?
Do you think it is the controller disconnecting from the drone (which should result in the corresponding failsafe behaviour (probably RTH)). Or do you think it is the phone disconnecting form the controller?
If the latter and you have previously used an Iphone I would check that the plugs are correctly and fully seated, see if the phone connects consistantly with a computer, try a different cable ( if you have one) and check any 'USB connection' settings applicable to the/an iphone.

It says "disconnected" like the phone is not connected to the controller. The controller states "Fly GPS" and I can see the map on the phone, but no picture from the camera. Makes me think it has something to do with the wire from the controller to the phone. Like you stated, not 'seated' well with the phone. The drone flew fine, I just couldnt view anything from the camera.

I was testing out flight log sync for my MM1 among iPad, Tab S3, and Galaxy S20 FE.
I had connection stability problems with the S20 FE at first, which stabilized when I flipped the C connection to the S20.

Sometimes the cable/port contacts get dirty and the apps are quite sensitive to that.

Sometimes too I found that connection may be unstable for a minute, especially after just having powered on the RC, but clears up.

Hey Guys, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone has any insight. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum that I have loved from the start. I just got a iphone 12 pro max. My first experience mating the 2 together. The phone was having lots of trouble staying connected. I rebooted the phone a couple times, but it even disconnected in the air. I brought the MPP back, and rebooted the phone again. Then I was able to fly a short time with no disconnection. I tried all the common sense things, but maybe I just need a cord that is not attached to the controller itself? thats the only thing I can come up with. I wanted to check here before contacting DJI. They did tell me before I bought the phone that it was compatible.
Thanks gentlemen!

Have you tried using the bottom usb port on the controller to connect to the iphone 12 ?
I'd try another cable and another phone to discount either one as the issue.

I have not tried the bottom USB port on the controller. I was using a previous phone prior to my new 12 and everything worked fine 100% of the time. I tried again yesterday, with some new strobes to check them out, and things seemed to work fine, but I wasnt in the air very long.

I will try the USB port the next time I have issues. Thanks for the input.

Most fliers I know ONLY use the larger USB port on the bottom of the controller. The small connector on the side of the controller is the only way to charge the controller, and wears out (gets loose) pretty fast. It is a big deal (and costly to repair) that side connector. The large USB connector on the bottom on the other hand, is more durable. You can find the correct length cables on the internet. Mine cable is 11 inches long, and works perfect between the large USB connector and the side of my iPad.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929