DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller interference warnings every flight?

Falcorma

Reactions
Title says it all. Does anyone else get these every flight? I even was getting them on a beach not near anything. No issues with the flight at all, just a little nervous to take her out very far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

I have the same issue. About 200-300 feet up. I wonder if it is a city thing. Have not tried in an unpopulated area yet. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This has been happening to me since the last firmware update on 26 Dec as well. Never had this warning previously.

I have not had any issues with the mavic at all. No connection issues or anything. Just don't care for the warning and am afraid to go very far

I have not had any issues with the mavic at all. No connection issues or anything. Just don't care for the warning and am afraid to go very far

Same here... But the flashing RC or HD symbols always makes me a little nervous... Maybe the firmware increased the sensitivity of connection interference, but the way it is now, I feel it's way too sensitive and is basically useless since I tend to ignore it and just fly... I've gone as far as 1000m/3280ft with the flashing HD signal without getting a single video glitch...

This is using the latest version of DJI Go 4...

Have you all tried to put your phone in airplane mode? I've only gotten that when I forgot to do this. The phone's wifi signal can be a signal killer.

Have you all tried to put your phone in airplane mode? I've only gotten that when I forgot to do this. The phone's wifi signal can be a signal killer.
Haven't tried that. I didn't have to do that with my Phantom 3 Pro, but I will give it a try. Not that I live stream at all, but of course with airplane mode on you wouldn't be able to do that. I'll still try it and let you know.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Same here... But the flashing RC or HD symbols always makes me a little nervous... Maybe the firmware increased the sensitivity of connection interference, but the way it is now, I feel it's way too sensitive and is basically useless since I tend to ignore it and just fly... I've gone as far as 1000m/3280ft with the flashing HD signal without getting a single video glitch...

This is using the latest version of DJI Go 4...

What does the flashing HD symbol mean ? I had it today yet it showed full bars and the video was streaming smoothly......

Haven't tried that. I didn't have to do that with my Phantom 3 Pro, but I will give it a try. Not that I live stream at all, but of course with airplane mode on you wouldn't be able to do that. I'll still try it and let you know.

Please let us know if shutting off wifi helped.

I got STICK INF1 errors the other day. My tablet case was too close by, and its magnets were being picked up by the controller sticks.

Error messages suck, but unexplained crazy flight behavior sucks more.

What does the flashing HD symbol mean ? I had it today yet it showed full bars and the video was streaming smoothly......

From what I understand, it is supposed to indicate that the Mavic is experiencing interference and to expect HD video to have interruptions and possibly loose connection with the aircraft. The flashing RC symbol means that the Radio Control is experiencing interference, and to beware of loosing connection with the aircraft..

I really wish DJI would release a manual for the DJI Go app...

Those with interference warnings - can you verify if it happens under specific flight maneuvers? Specifically, if you're putting max load on the motors - full throttle to climb and full forward? Does it happen more in sport mode?

If you're not seeing them while hovering or moving slowly, but get them when you zip around, you probably have a hardware issue (poor shielding) causing the compass to pickup interference from the motor loads.

Those with interference warnings - can you verify if it happens under specific flight maneuvers? Specifically, if you're putting max load on the motors - full throttle to climb and full forward? Does it happen more in sport mode?

If you're not seeing them while hovering or moving slowly, but get them when you zip around, you probably have a hardware issue (poor shielding) causing the compass to pickup interference from the motor loads.

I'm seeing the flashing RC or the flashing HD symbols regardless of what I'm doing, whether hovering, on the ground before take off, etc. This issue is definitely not related to any shielding or power draw problems. In fact, for me, this has never happened before the last firmware update.

I'm seeing the flashing RC or the flashing HD symbols regardless of what I'm doing, whether hovering, on the ground before take off, etc. This issue is definitely not related to any shielding or power draw problems. In fact, for me, this has never happened before the last firmware update.
Are we all talking about the same thing? I assumed the OP was talking about a warning message. Then the issue of a blinking HD or RC icon was added to the mix. I have the blinking icons too, but did not what that means.

Are we all talking about the same thing? I assumed the OP was talking about a warning message. Then the issue of a blinking HD or RC icon was added to the mix. I have the blinking icons too, but did not what that means.

I do get the message as well as the blinking icons.... Sometimes the message happens as soon as the Mavic connects, sometimes after taking off/during flight... One thing I've noticed with the blinking icons is that it's only either the HD or the RC symbol blinking, not both at the same time...

I've tried eliminating interference by turning off Wifi and Bluetooth on my phone whenever the DJI Go 4 app is opened, but I'm still getting the message/blinking icons..

Update: turning off wifi fixed it for me. Now if I can only get the app to stop crashing! Hope DJI comes out with an update soon

Thats great news but it's also terrible news!
That eliminates using your phone as a WiFi hotspot while using an ipad mini to fly and still having fresh map data flowing.

Also eliminates the possibility of using Airplay to a laptop, and
that was something I really wanted to do as it would allow friends or family who go out with me the ability to watch the flight.

Thats great news but it's also terrible news!
That eliminates using your phone as a WiFi hotspot while using an ipad mini to fly and still having fresh map data flowing.

Also eliminates the possibility of using Airplay to a laptop, and
that was something I really wanted to do as it would allow friends or family who go out with me the ability to watch the flight.
I fly with wifi on all the time. I intend to try airplaying to an Apple TV tomorrow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S