DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Issue

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Hello all , plugged my Mavic Air 2 controller in to my DJI power brick while it was charging 3 batteries and there was a crackle and a strong smell of burning .I noticed the light on the charging dock went off. I immediately unplugged the controller and the light on the charging dock came back on and resumed charging the batteries. Now when I try to charge the controller nothing happens. I presume something in the charging circuit of the controller internally has been damaged . The controller is in immaculate condition , never dropped or gotten wet . Is it covered under DJI care refresh ? Anyone ever experience anything similar ? I always thought these things were bullet proof.

Let DJI support know what happened. Perhaps, it's still under warranty. If not, I have heard some members getting issued a new replacement anyway.

Was there a chance you had a power surge in your home? How old is your home's wiring? Or did it occur just after plugging in the remote. If so, It shouldn't have fried a circuit. Sounds like a manufacture defect.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
House is 15 years old and wiring is good so I would rule old that. I had my computer on nearby so a surge would have affected that.
Ya I'll give DJI a bell , see what they say.

Just a thought...have you tried a different charging cable to the remote? USB cables are notoriously fragile, and prone to internal shorts or opens, particularly at the connectors where the cable flexes a lot.

Good luck

Hello all , plugged my Mavic Air 2 controller in to my DJI power brick while it was charging 3 batteries and there was a crackle and a strong smell of burning .I noticed the light on the charging dock went off. I immediately unplugged the controller and the light on the charging dock came back on and resumed charging the batteries. Now when I try to charge the controller nothing happens. I presume something in the charging circuit of the controller internally has been damaged.
You presume correctly: sounds like the controller took the brunt of whatever caused the "burning smell".
For the record, I never charge the controller at the same time as the batteries because it just seems like a lot of current draw at one time (and maybe what happened is as simple as that).

Yes tried different cables , no joy . My mistake may have been plugging in whilst the 3 batteries were charging. Will charge separately in future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom