DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller muted now?

jmfitzgerald

Reactions
so i'm only about 2 weeks into flying my mavic. all is going great, but today i noticed that my controller doesn't have any audio anymore. no beeps, no nothing. not even when turning the controller on or off when i thought there use to be a beep then. any thoughts? i haven't done any updates since i initially purchased it, so as far as i know, nothing has changed, just no sound now. checked iPhone volume, and it's on, but i thought it use to come from the controller, not the phone anyway. is this something i should be worried about? maybe a larger problem, or am i just missing something?
thanks!

Reactions: Philbek
Double check the app settings and enable all sounds respectively.
This should get things right! If not, restore your previous settings within Go or re install the app. Mine works, no issues.:D

App settings not capable of silencing RC imo.

Starting up RC without the device connected still should have audio.
No, its within the device for the app. Different settings altogether. Go into the settings of the app for sounds. This will enable the controller audio. It does for me.

So I downgraded, upgraded and re flashed, and still no change... no beeps powering up or down the controller. Also, I can't seem to find ANY audio setting anywhere in the app. I'm using an iPhone 7, you? Where would I find that if it exists? Seems odd to me that there's and audio setting in the app that controls the audio coming out of the controller. I just hope this isn't signs of a bigger problem with the controller, and want to nip it before it does something bad in flight?!?!

Also, now that I think of it, another weirdness... when I was downgrading and upgrading software again, with only controller connected to iPhone, and mavic OFF, the software update product said "mavic pro"... shouldn't it of said RC controller or something like that? Huh...
afefc0dff436f979d51e5447ceb6866d.jpg

so i'm only about 2 weeks into flying my mavic. all is going great, but today i noticed that my controller doesn't have any audio anymore. no beeps, no nothing. not even when turning the controller on or off when i thought there use to be a beep then. any thoughts? i haven't done any updates since i initially purchased it, so as far as i know, nothing has changed, just no sound now. checked iPhone volume, and it's on, but i thought it use to come from the controller, not the phone anyway. is this something i should be worried about? maybe a larger problem, or am i just missing something?
thanks!

consider yourself lucky, that sound IS VERY annoying! especially the constant beeping during return to home or battery low. and you carnt disable it.

I have only used DJI assistant 2 for that job.
It has been a while but i was sure it did make reference to the RC rather than mavic when updating.

I dont recall seeing any sound control in the app, i think DM might be talking about app permissions.
That is correct. It is in the notifications settings. Make sure that the sounds are turned on. The app does effect some of the RC's sound notifications.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.PNG
    IMG_0045.PNG
    236.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0046.PNG
    IMG_0046.PNG
    285.8 KB · Views: 252
That is correct. It is in the notifications settings. Make sure that the sounds are turned on. The app does effect some of the RC's sound notifications.

i checked there, and everything is on, enabled, and looks like your settings. i successfully downgraded to .800 and back to .900 on both the controller and Mavic last night. still no noises, beeps, or sounds coming from the controller itself. i just completed 2 morning flights, and all is great other than missing the sounds from the controller. i do get warning out of the iPhone speaker, but still feel like i'm missing something that use to be there... i guess it's time for a call to DJI support to see what they think i should do.

i checked there, and everything is on, enabled, and looks like your settings. i successfully downgraded to .800 and back to .900 on both the controller and Mavic last night. still no noises, beeps, or sounds coming from the controller itself. i just completed 2 morning flights, and all is great other than missing the sounds from the controller. i do get warning out of the iPhone speaker, but still feel like i'm missing something that use to be there... i guess it's time for a call to DJI support to see what they think i should do.
It's very possible that the RC speaker has failed. This would be covered by warranty. Many out there would say that not having sound from the speaker is a good thing. However, many of us rely on it for warnings and conformations.
Either way I hope you get it sorted out. Good Luck.:cool:

Search for your local drone nerds store. If you bought that DJI refresh insurance or what ever its called, they can work on it in-house.

I would just leave it as long as all the other controller functions are working. That beeping speaker is extremely annoying and I wish mine would die like yours!! LOL

Reactions: Daptone
We all want the same... is annoying...
maybe the only way is to disarm the controller to unplug the speaker?

thanks!
Consider yourself lucky; no more annoying RTW beeping! I wish my speaker would stop working.

Any news concerning this ? Mine just stop making any sound !!! I don’t know if it’s better or not yet ...

I'd try it. You haven't got much time left and nothing to lose.
The control works perfectly and also vibration works normally . The thing is I don’t know finally if I wand to fix it !!! The annoying beeps from RTH and low battery missing and this is not bad ! :)

Reactions: Youser
The control works perfectly and also vibration works normally . The thing is I don’t know finally if I wand to fix it !!! The annoying beeps from RTH and low battery missing and this is not bad ! :)

Yeah, not sure how I'd feel about it if it happened to me to be honest.

The low battery warning can be useful at times. Never really use RTH unless it happens automatically.

Reactions: Philbek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus