DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller nfz limit at sea level (approved limit is above)

TuranisOsd35

Reactions
Problem? The controller shows 'nfz limit' and the app says mavic altitude is above 150m. I am actually near sea level, in hawaii. I verified altitude with separate gps receiver of 60ft. I have never had this issue before traveling to hawaii. The air map and faa b4ufly show both attempted flying locations as legal. The dji go 4 app shows that I am under a geo zone for lihue airport, but it says I am allowed to fly below 150m. The airport is 6 miles away.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? I have tried in 2 locations, restarted controller and mavoc 4 times each. Restarted dji app. App is up to date. Tried on both apple and android devices.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Ipad mini and google pixel xl

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Example picture is in my hotel room. The only difference is that when I'm outside, I have 14 gps satellites.

I think this might actually be a bug in the app. I replicated the issue again. Again confirmed the altitude was waay below 400m. With just the controller and mavic paired, the controller said gps fix and would let me fly. As soon as i connected a tablet to controller I got the nfz limit error on controller. I confirmed 17 sats in the app. This was 7 miles away from airport and any other restricted area. Then I drove just outside the geo area and tried again. No issues or errors. Is this a bug I should report to dji, or am I misunderstanding the geozone restriction?

I think this might actually be a bug in the app. I replicated the issue again. Again confirmed the altitude was waay below 400m. With just the controller and mavic paired, the controller said gps fix and would let me fly. As soon as i connected a tablet to controller I got the nfz limit error on controller. I confirmed 17 sats in the app. This was 7 miles away from airport and any other restricted area. Then I drove just outside the geo area and tried again. No issues or errors. Is this a bug I should report to dji, or am I misunderstanding the geozone restriction?

I would say it is one of the many bugs in the DJI goefencing. I would report it. If you live there, it may help you in the future. If you dont live there, it may help the next victim....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0