DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller question

The labels of the modes. One uses tripod the other Cine as a label.

Are they both ocusync 2 or 3 and which one has 2 antenna or 4 antenna.
Thanks oman
I got this information off the interweb. The artical went into no more information but to say they are the same unit with different labeling and mentioned that they had the same compatability with drones.

Thanks for you help
I was looking into this as well when I was about to buy the Mavic 3 Classic. I had a 321 from an Air 2 that I no longer used. I ended up getting the controller with the M3 and never tested the 321 with it. From what I could tell they only changed the label to match their marketing of the "cine" mode.

I was looking into this as well when I was about to buy the Mavic 3 Classic. I had a 321 from an Air 2 that I no longer used. I ended up getting the controller with the M3 and never tested the 321 with it. From what I could tell they only changed the label to match their marketing of the "cine" mode.
I have three RC-231 controllers and they all have CINE mode,
I'am confused.
Thanks oman

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I have owned both and the only difference really was the label for the modes and the color of the LED lights. White on the one you have and green on the RC-N1. Really no difference between the two in function.
I have three RC-231 controllers all have green lights and cine,normal and sport markings . One for Air2s and one for Mini 2 one for a spare ?

I have three RC-231 controllers all have green lights and cine,normal and sport markings . One for Air2s and one for Mini 2 one for a spare ?
Those are RC-N1 controllers. The RC231 with white lights/tripod mode came with the Air 2.
I dont have any around at this point. I have two RCs with the displays and one RC Pro also with a display. Never cared for putting my phone on the remote.

Those are RC-N1 controllers. The RC231 with white lights/tripod mode came with the Air 2.
I dont have any around at this point. I have two RCs with the displays and one RC Pro also with a display. Never cared for putting my phone on the remote.
The controllers have RC-231 written on the back and the lights are green. I'am using a Tripltek 8 Pro, I don't like the phone either.
Thanks Doug

Last edited:
The controllers have RC-231 written on the back and the lights are green. I'am using a Tripltek 8 Pro, I don't like the phone either.
Thanks Doug
Well, seems they all have RC231 written on the back after looking around. They are the same controller and the only difference like I mentioned is the mode for Tripod vs Cine. Cine is what you find on the current models. You also find green lights on the newer version. The white was only sold with the Air 2. The Air 2S and others were sold with green. Main point here is trying not to provide incorrect info, I want to make sure I am giving you what I think is the most correct. Semantics really but never really looking into it so much before.

Well, seems they all have RC231 written on the back after looking around. They are the same controller and the only difference like I mentioned is the mode for Tripod vs Cine. Cine is what you find on the current models. You also find green lights on the newer version. The white was only sold with the Air 2. The Air 2S and others were sold with green. Main point here is trying not to provide incorrect info, I want to make sure I am giving you what I think is the most correct. Semantics really but never really looking into it so much before.
Thanks for all of your time
Oman

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato