Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Controller questions

TedShred

1. When I plug my Android phone in it appears that the controller starts charging the phone.

2. The controller makes lots of warning beeps when in close.

Any settings to stop both of these?

pjarvo18

You will more than likely need to root your phone to stop the charging. You may want to add what actual phone you are using for more specific instructions. As far as warning beeps, are they your obstacle avoidance?

Mossiback

Loc
Brier, WA USA
  1. The RC will charge your phone, but at a low rate. I can fly three batteries without problems. Just make sure everything is fully charged before flying. You can plug in a portable power supply in the RC side port while using the center USB port to connect to your phone to supply power to both. If you have the fly more kit you can use a mostly depleted Mavic battery for a short time.
  2. If the beeping is the OA detectors, the sound is comming from your phone and can be turned down with your volume control. NOTE: That is how it works for me. It is possible that software/firmware updates have changed how this works.

TedShred

You will more than likely need to root your phone to stop the charging. You may want to add what actual phone you are using for more specific instructions. As far as warning beeps, are they your obstacle avoidance?
Yes. Obstacle avoidance.
I thought the beeps were coming from the controller not the phone?

Mossiback

Loc
Brier, WA USA
Yes. Obstacle avoidance.
I thought the beeps were coming from the controller not the phone?
On my Samsung Tab A the OA beeping can be turned down with the volume control. Of course it also affects other audible warnings like low battery.

brett8883

Loc
Salt Lake City, Utah
1. When I plug my Android phone in it appears that the controller starts charging the phone.

2. The controller makes lots of warning beeps when in close.

Any settings to stop both of these?
Use this software to scilence the remote worked like a charm for me. There’s a free version which has a “start up jingle” and a $5 version which completely scilences the remote. Works like a charm.

The link to download the software can be found here

TedShred

On my Samsung Tab A the OA beeping can be turned down with the volume control. Of course it also affects other audible warnings like low battery.
The only beeping I want to hear are low battery, loss of connection, motor issues, and loss of GPS.
I don't need to be warned when close to something.

Last edited:

brett8883

Loc
Salt Lake City, Utah
The only beeping I want to hear are low battery, loss of connection, motor issues, and loss of GPS.
I don't need to be warned when close to something.
With the software I sent you above, the remote still vibrates when there’s an alert so you don’t miss anything. Honestly I don’t know why that wasn’t the default action anyway makes so much more sense.

TedShred

With the software I sent you above, the remote still vibrates when there’s an alert so you don’t miss anything. Honestly I don’t know why that wasn’t the default action anyway makes so much more sense.
I have an M2P and the software indicates MP only.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpneumat