DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller/Software Questions for Windows 10

HogWldFLTR

Reactions
After several days with the Mavic 2 Pro I'm obviously an expert (J/K). I was able with out issue to fly using my iPhone 8 Plus but would love to be able to fly using a larger format monitor. I've got both an original issue Surface Pro and a Surface Book with Performance Base which is pretty loaded. I was wondering if there is software that allows flying with either of these. Also, I take it that the DJI Assistant 2 program is only for updating settings and downloading software updates; is this true? Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Lee

Last edited:
No software I am aware would allow a win10 machine to control anything made by DJI, you have to install DJIGO4 and that is only available for apple iOS or Android. You could look into any of the larger iPad's or Android Tablets, the latter have some screens that are 1000 nits. Other options, are purchase a Crystalsky, 7.5 inch monitor 1000 nit or 2000 nit. Crystalsky is Android only however but comes with the OS installed along with DJIgo4. Not sure I would want a Surface Pro (I have a 2 and 3) and they are considerably heavier. But also the overhead of win10 would concern me, as there is a lot more going on inside a win10 machine all the time unlike a dedicated Android or iOS device.

DJI Assistant 2 is for direction connection to your drone, for firmware updates. Not sure if you have the same abilities to pull of logs as you can with DJI Assistant and the older Mavic Pro Platinums. I believe that data on the M2P is either locked by DJI or not readable as of yet.

Litchi may have an option for use on win10, but only version I know of works under Android.

Paul C

Reactions: racerx43
No software I am aware would allow a win10 machine to control anything made by DJI, you have to install DJIGO4 and that is only available for apple iOS or Android. You could look into any of the larger iPad's or Android Tablets, the latter have some screens that are 1000 nits. Other options, are purchase a Crystalsky, 7.5 inch monitor 1000 nit or 2000 nit. Crystalsky is Android only however but comes with the OS installed along with DJIgo4. Not sure I would want a Surface Pro (I have a 2 and 3) and they are considerably heavier. But also the overhead of win10 would concern me, as there is a lot more going on inside a win10 machine all the time unlike a dedicated Android or iOS device.

DJI Assistant 2 is for direction connection to your drone, for firmware updates. Not sure if you have the same abilities to pull of logs as you can with DJI Assistant and the older Mavic Pro Platinums. I believe that data on the M2P is either locked by DJI or not readable as of yet.

Litchi may have an option for use on win10, but only version I know of works under Android.

Paul C

Thanks, appreciate the help.

-Lee

Could you possibly try installing something like bluestacks, an android emulator then downloading DJi Go4 - I do not know if the communication will work correctly on USB, but you've nothing to loose trying and will know before flying if it actually connects.

Last edited:
Reactions: HogWldFLTR
Could you possibly try installing something like bluestacks, an android emulator then downloading DJi Go4 - I do not know if the communication will work correctly on USB, but you've nothing to loose trying and will know before flying if it actually connects.
Or perhaps an iOS emulator. Interesting idea!

The emulator is the way to go I have everything I need to do this going try it soon

The emulator is the way to go I have everything I need to do this going try it soon

I’m hoping to hear good news!!!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio