DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller started beeping and the Mini landed by itself and I couldn’t stop it.

Gumbys69

Reactions
I bought a Mini because of the size after flying my Phantom for a few years. So yesterday on my third time flying it, it took off no problem with no GPS and i flew it for 7 minutes before the controller started beeping and the drone slowly lowered itself down (not where i wanted it too of course). I couldn’t do anything to bring it back to me. The only thing i noticed was the wind warning kept coming up. Would that be enough to tell it to just stop flying and land wherever? I tried to cancel the warning but it wouldn’t. Stupid me I couldn’t read the warning because the sun was so bright on my screen. Also the battery was still fully charged. Also for the return home the GPS needs to be on correct? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Start with posting your logs from the flight located in your phone ... how to retrieve, read here under point 3. --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

It's the mobile device logs we need, don't bother trying to retrieve the aircraft log, it's encrypted so we can't read it ... while at it you might as well attach both the TXT & the DAT log here in a new post ...

Reactions: Gumbys69
Screen should show why it's landing. If it did and you missed it, you can play back the flight in Flight Center.

Wild guess: low RC battery?
My M2 once ran down to 12% and it made a horenous noise, like pulsed screeching. I wouldn't have figured out what the screeching meant if it weren't for the LCD screen.
If RC cut out and you were less than 60ft from HP, it will land rather than RTH. Of course app would show RC connection loss if RC did cut out.

Ahhhh great idea on the flight center (didn’t know i could do that HaHa)The battery only had 4 minutes on it and had 90% of power left in it. When i played it back it had a “strong wind warning aircraft unable to fly stably. Lower altitude immediately and manually return to home” Also the preflight check came up and said “Aircraft in high interference environment. Fly with caution” and the wifi went red for a second. So I’m guessing because of that it auto landed.

welcome to the forum

@Gumbys69,
Yes, welcome to the Forum!
Any chance you uploading your flight data?

If you got questions we can help. ;)

Rod

If you were flying with your iPad you need to use iTunes to retrieve the file or files.

This link: Flight log retrieval and analysis guide
Is very informative but really overwhelming for somebody new and myself.

I have no experience with the Mavic products, but I know finding the file on your Ipad is the hardest part.

#1 Hook up your iPad to your Mac, and get a connection between the two, then if your stuck at that point starting posting here for help.

This link may be simpler to get you going.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

It took us two days to get him to retrieve his log, there maybe some helpful information in this thread, or maybe it will add to the confusion. ;)
Fly away

Rod

Did you update the firmware of the batteries? I read on reddit that this seems to be the latest issue for a lot of MM users. You have to update the firmware of each battery.

Probably not enough force errors registered by the hundreds. I'd say you should be more aware about the wind and inspect your propellers for correct shape against a new set.

Did you update the firmware of the batteries? I read on reddit that this seems to be the latest issue for a lot of MM users. You have to update the firmware of each battery.

Is there a separate way to update the batteries? I have done the update on the DJI app for the drone when i first got it but does that also do the battery?

Is there a separate way to update the batteries? I have done the update on the DJI app for the drone when i first got it but does that also do the battery?

"Is there a separate way to update the batteries? I have done the update on the DJI app for the drone when i first got it but does that also do the battery?"
Dude,
if it has anything to do with the batteries the flight log we or I are asking you to post would show this.

"The only thing i noticed was the wind warning kept coming up. Would that be enough to tell it to just stop flying and land wherever?"

If it had anything to do with the wind, I'm sure the flight log would show this.

"Also the preflight check came up and said “Aircraft in high interference environment. Fly with caution” and the wifi went red for a second. So I’m guessing because of that it auto landed."

That I don't know, but the flight log may show this.

Rod

No flight log = no help possible

post up what bit you are struggling with....

What phone do you have etc..someone can assist....

post up what bit you are struggling with....

What phone do you have etc..someone can assist....
Well I think it is an iPad?
"I might try it on my Mac as my iPad it didn’t seem to work last night."

I'm not sure if you can use an iPad with a Mini? (I have never seen one)

@Gumbys69, Were you flying with your iPad?

If so have you made it this far?

#1 Hook up your iPad to your Mac, and get a connection between the two, then if your stuck at that point starting posting here for help.

I'm really wanting to see your log, I'm trying to decide if I want a Mini. I probaly will so I can experment with this prop problem, I'm good at crashing them but it is usually trees.

Rod

Yes, you can use an iPad with proper cable or OTG adapter, and of course physical means to support the iPad.

Wind does not normally cause RTH or landing.

Loss of signal will engage RTH, where if that occurs within 60ft of HP, will land instead. However you only received interference warning, and only briefly. No loss of signal so no RTH.

Well I think it is an iPad?
"I might try it on my Mac as my iPad it didn’t seem to work last night."

I'm not sure if you can use an iPad with a Mini? (I have never seen one)

@Gumbys69, Were you flying with your iPad?

If so have you made it this far?

I'm really wanting to see your log, I'm trying to decide if I want a Mini. I probaly will so I can experment with this prop problem, I'm good at crashing them but it is usually trees.

Rod

No i was using my iPhone. I was trying to see if i could use my iPad to download my flight log to it. I’ll fire up my Mac and follow the steps above and see what happens (i use my iPad for 99.9% of my work stuff and rarely fire up my Mac anymore).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu