DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Sticks

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Air2S every time I start my controller to fly, my controller beeps and requires a recalibration of the sticks. Anyone have this problem or knows how to stop it?
Thanks oman

have you ever dropped, bumped, or forced the stick while inserted? How long has this been happening? Do the beeps go away after recalibration?

have you ever dropped, bumped, or forced the stick while inserted? How long has this been happening? Do the beeps go away after recalibration?
Never any damage, couple of months, and beep stops when I recalibrate. Driving me crazy LOL
Thanks oman

Never had any sticks issue with my Air 2s and controller purchased a year ago. Sticks are removed after every use.

I have a Air2S every time I start my controller to fly, my controller beeps and requires a recalibration of the sticks. Anyone have this problem or knows how to stop it?
Thanks oman
Yes, quite often in fact, even between battery changes at the same location on some days.
Found a suggestion on here somewhere which is to rotate each stick and gimbal control like a calibration but before turning the controller on, done this every time since I saw it and it hasn't done it since.

That is not how the drone should work, I have never had to Recalibrate and we fly in some pretty extreme conditions.
I would send it back for a replacement .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain , Land on the Water.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Before turning on your RC, move both sticks clockwise and reverse to full stretch for about 7-10 seconds continuously. Now turn it on and observe if the beep sounds.

Reactions: Yaros
What blackbirdsr72 wrote above is basically what I do but only 2 quick rotations for each and it's not asked for calibration again

Is this a controller that requires the scroll wheel to be rotated as part of the rc calibration?

Very strange. I have a RC-321 controller, had this happen a couple of times, turned off the controller, moved the sticks and gimbal dial a bit, turned on, everything is good.

Try contacting DJI support about the issue, maybe get your controller replaced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom