DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller to smartphone

troy64

Reactions
Hello to all. New Mavic Pro owner starting today. The cable to connect phone to remote will not work as the plug in side for the phone is in the opposite position of the cable. I plugged the USB into the phone and into the remote but the signal drops out. I managed to fly but with no live video. Does anyone know if this phone is or is not compatible or is there another cable available. Any info greatly appreciated.

Hello to all. New Mavic Pro owner starting today. The cable to connect phone to remote will not work as the plug in side for the phone is in the opposite position of the cable. I plugged the USB into the phone and into the remote but the signal drops out. I managed to fly but with no live video. Does anyone know if this phone is or is not compatible or is there another cable available. Any info greatly appreciated.
Almost forgot its an HTC M8.

Did you try unplugging the cable from the left side of your remote controller before plugging the USB cable into the bottom of the remote controller?

I plugged the USB from the port in the center of the remote directly to my HTC M8 and the cable that came with the remote was removed by me. I had a video at first so I know it works but then had a "no signal" reading. The problem is that the phone female is inverted so the cable cant reach as well as I cant twist it.

It sounds like the cable is too short when plugged into the bottom USB port. Did you try a longer USB cable?

I'm probably not explaining this correctly. The USB cable (long one) that came with the phone will reach both the phone and the remote with no issues except I lose the transmission signal and thus the live video/audio. The tiny cable that connects the remote to a cell phone will not work as the male and female endings are opposite and the cable is not long enough to turn over. I figured if the phone was compatible then the cable would have endings that work. The only image I can give is that the cable is a smile and the inlet on the remote is a frown. Lol.

There is a reverse cable available for the Mavic remote. I have both regular and reverse in fly more combo, but I suppose there should be both of them in the fly less as well. Did you look for a cable in the box? It's a 'twisted' USB cable in a way. I bet your remote came with a lightning inserted, so you did replace it with a USB, just not the one that fits your phone.
Buy Mavic - RC Cable (Reverse Micro USB connector)

Sent from my XT1572 using MavicPilots mobile app

There is a reverse cable available for the Mavic remote. I have both regular and reverse in fly more combo, but I suppose there should be both of them in the fly less as well. Did you look for a cable in the box? It's a 'twisted' USB cable in a way. I bet your remote came with a lightning inserted, so you did replace it with a USB, just not the one that fits your phone.
Buy Mavic - RC Cable (Reverse Micro USB connector)

The package I received has 3 of the lightning cables. One is definitely iPhone the other is an elongated even shape which is too wide for anything I have. The 3rd cable is definitely for droid but it's "upside down". My phone is configured just like the second phone photo in the link you shared. So I take it the reverse cable would work?

The package I received has 3 of the lightning cables. One is definitely iPhone the other is an elongated even shape which is too wide for anything I have. The 3rd cable is definitely for droid but it's "upside down". My phone is configured just like the second phone photo in the link you shared. So I take it the reverse cable would work?
My bad. There is a USB type-C in the package, not reverse USB.
Plugging and working are two different matters. It will fit, but will it work or not depends on the phone. Why don't you try connecting your phone with the short cable you have but outside of the cage. Don't put it in your controllers arms. If it will work that way then the reverse cable is all you probably need.

Will try it to see if that is the signal issue. If that keeps the signal I'll order a reverse. Thank you very much.

Reactions: leesmavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s