DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller upgrades. Be careful!

Former Member

Reactions
If you are considering upgrading your controller with an after market antenna, please be careful! The installation videos and instructions make it look easier than it actually is.

What has your experience been with installing your after market antenna?
Which one did you get?

Reactions: charliesRig
If you are considering upgrading your controller with an after market antenna, please be careful! The installation videos and instructions make it look easier than it actually is.

What has your experience been with installing your after market antenna?
Which one did you get?

I havent been brave enough to try it yet. I am pretty sure and can completely take it apart and then ship it to you to put it back together. :)

Reactions: Former Member
I’ve done several. Air and mp. I spend more time opening the plastic case than removing screws. Yes, there are some very tender wires and other parts in there. The antenna connectors are probably where some people would fail, but perfectly understandable. I’m not thrilled with the way the titan booster attaches to the controller. Their antenna hubs are a good design, but the weight of the booster puts a lot of force on the plastic.
So I’m working on a solution to that but waiting on some hardware that I ordered. These parts are just in the r and d stage.D75452FD-5C41-40F5-A011-C88A5073442D.jpegCFC6B260-1962-4047-86A6-9B27384D696D.jpeg

Update on my titan switch mod. Works like a charm. No wobble at all and tilt angle adjustable.8A919999-8ACD-4E72-92FC-206DDF0A23F1.jpegC13A876E-E986-4A62-9E00-1780274E6D79.jpegF575B44E-5514-491D-BC12-5DB1F62A8F8B.jpeg

Yes, my work, with some decent tools. Actually modified a pair of pliers to help remove those pesky stock antenna housings.

I have an Alientech extender, which works great BTW, the have a step by step install video on the site. Always need to go slowly, but no special skills required. Quick detach after the install making storage and transport easy.
Still, I bought a second controller, used, and modified it so I wouldn’t be grounded by a screwup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato