DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller version A or B, what's the difference?

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Does anyone know what the difference is between the M2 controller version A and B, other than the Moverio not working on B?
Can't be just firmware, as they both get updates along with the AC.

Few did, until they tried the Epson Moverio BT-300. It will work with the A version but not the B.
Perhaps B had compatibility with Enterprise? But then why not work with BT-300? Difference has to be hardware related, otherwise firmware update would handle the software part.

Not convinced. Picture of the back side with a RC1B model number please.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the M2 controller version A and B, other than the Moverio not working on B?
Can't be just firmware, as they both get updates along with the AC.

Wow the Moverio glasses look really cool, I have the remote RC1B so the glasses won't work with them? I'm assuming they will work with my Smart controller.
My Mavic 2 Zoom came with the RC1B.

-Edit- I guess the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses would be what I need.

Last edited:
Not convinced about what?
I’m not convinced that an “RC1B”exists. I will go along with the thought that there may be a variation in installed hardware that could provide the compatibility you describe. I know there are variations that exist in the mp2 pro compass that requires calibration if moved beyond a certain distance and or time sequence. I have one of those that never asks regardless of time or distance, but carries the same model number as those that have the calibration requirements. Production of internal components can have variations from either updating or a simple change in source.

I’m not convinced that an “RC1B”exists. I will go along with the thought that there may be a variation in installed hardware that could provide the compatibility you describe. I know there are variations that exist in the mp2 pro compass that requires calibration if moved beyond a certain distance and or time sequence. I have one of those that never asks regardless of time or distance, but carries the same model number as those that have the calibration requirements. Production of internal components can have variations from either updating or a simple change in source.
Do you suspect those who claim to have the 1B controller are mistaken?

If it doesn’t exist DJI went to a lot of trouble providing submissions and commissioning testing for FCC approval.

9AB0702A-61B3-4381-8329-25EB0D7E65A8.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
A picture is worth a thousand words. Got one anybody?
I have tested one (RC1B) with my BT-300’s to satisfy my curiosity they aren’t compatible.

The label (submitted for RF compliance testing) looks like this....

47A3F5E4-35DE-4A02-89E7-14335D91D8F6.jpeg

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words. Got one anybody?

Here is the model number of the controller that came with my Zoom purchased this month. The battery had a production date of July 2019. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpg
    IMG_2868.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2832.PNG
    IMG_2832.PNG
    667.6 KB · Views: 126
Bought my M2P last year and my label is different to the one shown by Model B owners. Mine states that it is a DJI Model RC1A

JS1600, would you be able to provide a better picture of the back of the controller please. First glimpse I’ve seen, and would like a full view of the back side if you can. Thanks.

JS1600, would you be able to provide a better picture of the back of the controller please. First glimpse I’ve seen, and would like a full view of the back side if you can. Thanks.

I blacked out my FAA ID.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members