DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller won't turn off?

Shacky

Reactions
Just got my Mavic today! Wow! First flight was great except it landed about 10 feet from my landing pad.

Anyway, I can't get the controller to turn off! I'm feeling like maybe I'm stupid or something, but I don't think so. Just like my P3A, you hold down the power button briefly, let go and hold down again to make it start up or shut down. It started up just fine, but now I can't get it to shut down.

The controller just says; "Connecting", I push to power button and the display flashes and there is a beep. I hold down the power button and nothing happens.

Any ideas?????

OK, I figured it out. Yes, I was probably stupid to not get it right away. But, I'll leave this here in case it helps someone. Compared to my P3A, the sequence of button pushing on the Mavic Controller is MUCH faster. You push the button very briefly and then immediately press again for the long push.

I just got my Mavic and had the same "problem". Was getting frustrated until I saw this thread and voila!

Reactions: Random
That's the first step in thinning the herd, if one cannot power it on, one will be hard-pressed to crash their new aircraft. Glad to see that we have a couple successful newbies.

Reactions: insainflow
I actually like that they have this built in. Its certainly better than accidentally hitting the power button and turning the remote off mid flight lol

Reactions: eppicphotos
Just got my Mavic today! Wow! First flight was great except it landed about 10 feet from my landing pad.

Anyway, I can't get the controller to turn off! I'm feeling like maybe I'm stupid or something, but I don't think so. Just like my P3A, you hold down the power button briefly, let go and hold down again to make it start up or shut down. It started up just fine, but now I can't get it to shut down.

The controller just says; "Connecting", I push to power button and the display flashes and there is a beep. I hold down the power button and nothing happens.

Any ideas?????

Thanks guy i have the same problem.. Why Dji don't note this process this into guide ?

This was a major frustration - there's always room for someone to write/illustrate/publish/present a really good guide to getting up and running. This thing is so good it really deserves it. Meanwhile it's a mixture of this or that video, the manual, the quick start, blogs and message boards! Getting there though!

thx for the info, just recently opened my mavic and after initial testing, thought my controller was broken,,,haha

Just got my Mavic today and of course had the same problem. Maybe they need to put that in the manual?

OK, I figured it out. Yes, I was probably stupid to not get it right away. But, I'll leave this here in case it helps someone. Compared to my P3A, the sequence of button pushing on the Mavic Controller is MUCH faster. You push the button very briefly and then immediately press again for the long push.

THANKS as i just got my mavic and am setting it up and i had the same problem and was like "what the actual! " its just shut its self down so ill try it next time

Hi! Newbie here! Thanks for sharing. I was also wondering how the heck to turn it off, until I read this and did two presses in quick succession.

ha that was so first week of ownung my mavic..decided to watch all the videos on dji go 4 app...amazing what you learn lol !

Any ideas?????

Thank you very much for posting this even though you figured it out... I just received my Mavic this evening and was updating firmware, etc. and could not for the life of me get the RC to turn off... I currently have a P1, P2, I1 and I2 and felt like an idiot

Thank you very much for posting this even though you figured it out... I just received my Mavic this evening and was updating firmware, etc. and could not for the life of me get the RC to turn off... I currently have a P1, P2, I1 and I2 and felt like an idiot not being able to turn off the Mavic's RC so your post was very helpful and appreciated...

I guess im dumb too. Had same problem. But im pretty sure i tried hitting the button several times, first once quick and then quickly again holding it down the 2nd time longer. And turning on i had to hold for almost a 10 count to get it to respond.

Reactions: DaddyDe

Thanks! I had precisely the same issue (complete novice). Much appreciation for you posting your answer so I could sort it out.

I knew I would run into challenges when I received my Mavic. Turning it on and off was not one I anticipated. Thanks everyone.

Thanks, this saved me another half hour of frustration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme