DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller

1hoax

Reactions
Finding glare on tablet and phone a big issue all of the time.
Debating over the smart controller or crystalsky.
What are people’s experiences? Is one better than the other etc?
Thanks in advance

Also any good deals in the uk on either ; )

Finding glare on tablet and phone a big issue all of the time.
Debating over the smart controller or crystalsky.
What are people’s experiences? Is one better than the other etc?
Thanks in advance

Also any good deals in the uk on either ; )

I have the Smart Controller for my M2Z and love it, very fast and easy to use. The problem is that's about all it will work with. Now I'm thinking about getting an inspire, and it will not work with it. Since the smart controller is not cheap, I wonder if the money might better be spent on a crystal sky, which could then be used on any machine. Just a thought, like I said I love the smart controller, just wish it worked with all DJI machines.

I have an SC, and some CS's and I have sun hoods as well which is likely overkill. I would strongly recommend you first just try a hood as they are reasonably cheap and fairly effective. The SC and CS are good but pricey. The SC has the big advantage there are no cables and no mount so perhaps the better option of the 2. I have a rubberised hood as additional help. For a CS you will need a suitable mount which will set you back a further £50-£100 depending on quality of product e.g. PolarPro - the base model is £49.99 UK at moment. There are cheaper ones though.

The CS has a DJI metal hood/ screen protector available which are about £30 for the 5.5" CS.
I may have some of these items for sale in UK very soon when I have sorted out what kit to keep and weather improves so I can actually use any of it. They will be absolutely mint condition with very little use. PM me if interested or for further advice.

@1hoax I have just taken possession of an Inspire 2 with 2 Cendence controllers which each take CS as well as other monitor options so you are perhaps right to go the rather expensive CS route. If you are going this far then you would have to get a decent tablet or large screen anyway and of course will lose the non-wire scenario unless you have a Cendence controller. It's an expensive do whatever way you go!

I have the CS Ultra and it is excellent, I am in Florida where the sun is exceptionally bright most everyday and you clearly can see every detail on the screen. Yesterday my friend was flying with his SC which did not appear to be as bright as the CS and it is smaller.

... I am in Florida where the sun is exceptionally bright most everyday ...
Lucky you! We in the UK don't get to see much sun even with global warming! Probably we are not used to sun here and have to squint when it is daylight.
Indeed, agreed the CS is very good in bright light even the non Ultra is good enough for most.
There is another expensive option with the SC which is to get this setup which has similar visibility properties but for most is rather an overkill. If you are tempted beware the import duty or find something similar in your country as it is only a HDMI media player essentially.

Thanks for all the great advice, glad I asked as hadn’t thought to try an anti glair screen [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98