DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CONTROLLERS *NOT* COVERED under Care/Refresh!

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I have a small crack in my Mini 2's hull and as I have Care/Refresh I'll be sending it in for repair. However my controller's left control "ball" is canted slightly to the left. I'm not sure when that happened, but the Mini 2 is just out of warranty. I was informed today that the controller is NOT covered by Care/Refresh and if I wanted that issue resolved I would have to pay a repair fee.

Perhaps that is stated in the terms of the Care/Refresh details, and if I missed that it's on me. But I believed that everything would be covered as, of course, one pays a subscription/insurance fee, then a deductible. And while a controller won't fall out of the sky, if you ran your drone over with your car it would be covered... but not the controller. Even if I've missed it I'm still annoyed, but thought for anyone else who assumed what I have that beyond the warranty the controller isn't covered by this insurance.

Has anyone else missed this subtle detail in the C/R policy???

I just bought a Mini 2 and bought DJI Care Refresh 2yr plan less than 12hrs ago and the email terms says

Coverage Parts

1) Covered Parts List: aircraft × 1, gimbal × 1, camera × 1, propellers (pair) × 2, and battery × 1

So yeah the controller isn't covered under DJI Care Refresh. But 2yr plan extends manufacturer warranty to 2yrs so I'd imagine controller would be covered under that 2yr manufacturer warranty.

edit: ah later in my email under extended warranty

4. Coverage Parts

Main controller, gimbal and camera, vision positioning system, propulsion system (excluding propellers).

Yeah I also assumed the controller would be covered under DJI Care Refresh - but in case of 2yr plan the extended warranty covers it anyway.

Last edited:
I just bought a Mini 2 and bought DJI Care Refresh 2yr plan less than 12hrs ago and the email terms says

So yeah the controller isn't covered under DJI Care Refresh. But 2yr plan extends manufacturer warranty to 2yrs so I'd imagine controller would be covered under that 2yr manufacturer warranty.

edit: ah later in my email under extended warranty

Yeah I also assumed the controller would be covered under DJI Care Refresh - but in case of 2yr plan the extended warranty covers it anyway.
I don't think the 2 year plan was available when I got my Mini 2. I'll have to be more careful looking at the terms when the Mini 3 arrives. But even so, if one were to drop or run over the controller that wouldn't be covered by the warranty. On a personal note, I am not a fan of many of DJI's business practices.

DJI is quite shrewd in many respects, and unlike the corporate culture of many American companies DJI is not customer-centric. I think that extends to the entire Chinese corporate-think. My "first" drone, a Eachine, came (defective) from Banggood. They did not honor the warranty in regard to defective goods, wanted me to pay for return shipping, made ridiculous offers of compensation and dragged it on for a month. Ultimately my bank card covered the issue and I got refunded from the bank. I used the money to buy my Mini 2. At least DJI had a reputation for quality drones and had representation in the US.

Last edited:
My Mav3 controller caused the gimble to continue to move downward after I stopped telling it to do. After incorrectly replacing the drone itself, they replaced the controller (and the drone a second time as the first replacement had an issue with the sd card slot failing). Now my flymore pro kit was returned to DJI by UPS for improper packaging after waiting a month and a half for it. I'm not very impressed by DJI and their QC. At all, and to to it off I get an email from DJI saying my flymore kit was delivered...yeah...but back to DJI, not ME! (end rant) (*#$%^&*()_+ (NOTE TO ADMINS MODS - That isn't a cussword, it is a simple exclamation of frustration. Feel free to remove it if your heart desires)

• Wow
Reactions: eva2000
The N 1 controller can be had for less than 40 bucks on ebay and I must say the way controller is stored can be detrimental to it's health ,there is a reason they make the sticks REMOVABLE

No disrespect mate but the controller is nothing to do with aircraft and controller i have always had mine on its own seperate policy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair