DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controls ?

fjrmurph

Reactions
I have a Pro Platinum , purchased about six months ago . Do the the joystick levers come off my controller ? i tried to unscrew them but they don't seem to want to come off . Don't want to twist too hard , don't want to do any damage .

Reactions: Bill combs
no is the simple answer

Reactions: Thomas B
And now the mini is plastica. Will be interesting to see how long these little threads will last. I switched to the sticks off the m2.

I doubt the plastic sticks will be a problem.
Since the stick gimbal also appears to be plastic, using metal sticks could be worse.

And now the mini is plastica. Will be interesting to see how long these little threads will last. I switched to the sticks off the m2.
Plastic is a very general term. Your assumption as to durability probably won’t be to your advantage unless you plan to have the sticks permanently in place.. Threading metal into nylon and many other “plastics” results in a process knows as adhesive wear....

I have a Pro Platinum , purchased about six months ago . Do the the joystick levers come off my controller ? i tried to unscrew them but they don't seem to want to come off . Don't want to twist too hard , don't want to do any damage .
stop twisting or you will break them because they are not removable

Reactions: old man mavic
Science has already spoken.
Your expertise in material application is well beyond my capacity. It’s not so much the durability that I question as the nut behind wheel. Some people may not realize what force these small threads are able to withstand and twist them like the jar of jelly they just put in the fridge.
Me, I don’t like the feel of plastic on plastic when twisted together, and yes I run more risk of damage to the treads with my decision, but after twisting wrenches and screwdrivers for a few years, I do know something about the application of torque.

It's not a matter of torque. You don't need much torque to put them on and off. But metal on plastic is likely to wear the threads through friction and repetition.

It's not a matter of torque. You don't need much torque to put them on and off. But metal on plastic is likely to wear the threads through friction and repetition.
You don't think torque might be the principal contributor to premature failure? Of course it must be- over tightening should be avoided.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest