DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Copperton Township

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
A short trip up Bingham Canyon on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley, you'll find the small town of Copperton. Originally founded as a company town with housing for the employees of the Bingham Canyon copper mine, the town features an amazing old park with huge trees and a legendary playground kids from all over the valley enjoy playing on. The quaint old homes in the town have now been sold to their current residents, but many mine employees continue to reside there. Also, check out all of the earth that's been moved out of the open pit mine and deposited to the south of town.

I"m still learning to coax more color out of the DLog video from my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm experimenting with various LUTs in DaVinci Resolve, but so much white snow and so many bare trees don't give me much color to work with. :)

correct, you're not going to get much color with a landscape like that. Nice video and audio, though!

correct, you're not going to get much color with a landscape like that. Nice video and audio, though!

Thanks! I"m definitely ready for spring! Once things warm up and I can get up into the mountains, I'll shoot some video of the view down into the open pit copper mine. It's pretty impressive.