DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corel AfterShot 3 Pro

darkneskies

Reactions
After buying Corel AfterShot 3 Pro because they advertise it works with .dng raw images, it turns out NOT DJI raw. Very misleading. They agreed to refund me. I formally requested they add the Hasselblad cam & their flavor of raw. I suspect they will not. Don't have the funds right now for a heavier price-tag raw editor so I'll have to shoot in jpeg. You get for you pay for I suppose.

After buying Corel AfterShot 3 Pro because they advertise it works with .dng raw images, it turns out NOT DJI raw. Very misleading. They agreed to refund me. I formally requested they add the Hasselblad cam & their flavor of raw. I suspect they will not. Don't have the funds right now for a heavier price-tag raw editor so I'll have to shoot in jpeg. You get for you pay for I suppose.
Check out Affinity: Affinity Photo Review – Affinity Photo editing software

Reactions: darkneskies
Thanks Walt. Before reading your reply, I decided to try darktable, darktable - the photo workflow software which is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer. It opens DJI's .dng files (format developed by Adobe) and appears that it will edit them just fine. Shame on Corel AfterShotPro3, an app we pay for and doesn't even work, when there are free alternative options, like these and probably others that DO work. I'll keep your suggestion in mind if the one I installed doesn't work the way it should on my PC. Good Flying To You!

Thanks Walt. Before reading your reply, I decided to try darktable, darktable - the photo workflow software which is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer. It opens DJI's .dng files (format developed by Adobe) and appears that it will edit them just fine. Shame on Corel AfterShotPro3, an app we pay for and doesn't even work, when there are free alternative options, like these and probably others that DO work. I'll keep your suggestion in mind if the one I installed doesn't work the way it should on my PC. Good Flying To You!
Main thing is you are in business doing what you wanted to do! Share some pictures when you get them edited to your satisfaction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61