DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Corfe Castle, England

Markony

Reactions
Corfe Castle is a fortification standing above the village of the same name on the Isle of Purbeck peninsula in the English county of Dorset. Built by William the Conqueror, the castle dates to the 11th century and commands a gap in the Purbeck Hills on the route between Wareham and Swanage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First, great video. I loved it! It was a bit long but the music was so interesting and your shooting was so good, I watched the whole thing. So, did the castle just fall apart over the centuries or was it once besieged so badly it never recovered? Looks like a very nice town too. And, beautiful countryside.

First, great video. I loved it! It was a bit long but the music was so interesting and your shooting was so good, I watched the whole thing. So, did the castle just fall apart over the centuries or was it once besieged so badly it never recovered? Looks like a very nice town too. And, beautiful countryside.
Thank you yes i do tend to make some long ones but at the end of the day they for my personnel use and then i share, i know people like to have 3 minute videos. But if i intend to shoot that one place, i get what i can in the video for memories for me.
About the Castle what i found was this i hope it answers your question why it was destroyed.
Who blew up Corfe Castle?

Oliver Cromwell's Parliamentarians

Corfe Castle was built in the 11th century but destroyed, blown up, in 1646 by Oliver Cromwell's Parliamentarians at the end of the first English Civil War. Its then owner was Sir John Bankes, the Attorney General to Charles I. The reason it was a threat against the goverment.

Thank you yes i do tend to make some long ones but at the end of the day they for my personnel use and then i share, i know people like to have 3 minute videos. But if i intend to shoot that one place, i get what i can in the video for memories for me.
About the Castle what i found was this i hope it answers your question why it was destroyed.
Who blew up Corfe Castle?

Oliver Cromwell's Parliamentarians

Corfe Castle was built in the 11th century but destroyed, blown up, in 1646 by Oliver Cromwell's Parliamentarians at the end of the first English Civil War. Its then owner was Sir John Bankes, the Attorney General to Charles I. The reason it was a threat against the goverment.
That's for the history. Fascinating. Absolutely, you should always shoot and edit for your enjoyment first. Like I said, I liked the music so much I did watch the entire video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702