DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corrupt video question?

Bchbound

Reactions
I have been getting lots of great video. So far twice I had to re-format the SD card. Today I was flying and recording when I got a call on my phone. The call screen came up but I canceled it and reopened the app. No issues flying but the video I was recording when the call came in was corrupt and would not play. The video I shot right after was also corrupt and would not play. I re-formated in the app and am back in business. I had this happen once before. I had an alarm set on my phone and that went off causing the same problem.

Has anyone had this happen?

I can't format the card before every flight because it will erase the previous flight.

Will the app work and will the mini fly with my phone in airplane mode?

Thanks

Yes, it will
I can't format the card before every flight because it will erase the previous flight.
SD cards are cheap.
If you value your work, don't send it out again and again.
I have been getting lots of great video. So far twice I had to re-format the SD card. Today I was flying and recording when I got a call on my phone. The call screen came up but I canceled it and reopened the app. No issues flying but the video I was recording when the call came in was corrupt and would not play. The video I shot right after was also corrupt and would not play. I re-formated in the app and am back in business. I had this happen once before. I had an alarm set on my phone and that went off causing the same problem.
The camera records directly to the SD card and this process is independent of whatever is happening with your phone.
It shouldn't matter if a phone call came in or not.
Complaints about "corrupted" videos are mostly cases where the flyer forgot to switch off recording before switching off the drone.

Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks

Hi.
I always fly with smartphone in airplane mode and it has not given me any problem.

Thanks all, I ordered 3 more memory cards. I will use one for each battery change instead of three battery flights on one card.

Is there a way to view the video after a flight on the iPhone without downloading to a PC? Anyway to tell if a video not corrupt right away in case it needs to be redone?

Also, could crashing into something and the drone's flight suddenly disrupted cause a corrupt file?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929