DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

corrupted video from RC to Crystalsky

floz23

Reactions
Hi, having a strange issue with my crystalsky. Sometimes my video from the RC is corrupted, as seen here.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dElTZHZqa1FldUJKc2ZFakwwaFJCTFdZX2duRlNn

To fix the issue, I simply have to disconnect the rc cable, and reconnect it to the crystalsky. After one or two attempted reconnections, it does end up working perfectly.

I have tried several usb cables, including both usbc and micro usb (using the usbA port at the bottom). I am not using the side micro usb port (other than for charging.)

Is anyone else's crystalsky doing this? I'm on the latest firmware and have factory reset my device already.

thanks,
-Adam

This may sound odd, but reformat your Mavic's SD card with the app, and see what happens. Also try reformatting any SD cards in your CrystalSky.

I have the same problem i have not found a fix yet.

I have a ticket in with DJI now. I got one response, but silence in the last two days. I suggest you go here DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and send in a support request via EMAIL (phone is near useless.) You'll need to select the Mavic as the product, and do supply your receipt and purchase info.

I also sent them the video I recorded above to make sure they fully understood the issue. Send them one too.

Also, just keep unplugging and replugging in the cable, and opening the app. After about 4 or 5 tries, it eventually works for me.

I have a ticket in with DJI now. I got one response, but silence in the last two days. I suggest you go here DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and send in a support request via EMAIL (phone is near useless.) You'll need to select the Mavic as the product, and do supply your receipt and purchase info.

I also sent them the video I recorded above to make sure they fully understood the issue. Send them one too.

Also, just keep unplugging and replugging in the cable, and opening the app. After about 4 or 5 tries, it eventually works for me.

Close some application

Other than this problem what do you think of the brightness of the screen ? Is it worth the cost over say an iPad ? I was going to buy the untrabright model. But they were sold out but then noticed they were 800.00 US dollars.
I hade trying to use the huntsman hood set up and was considering one.
Thanks

What he means is make sure Go is closed if your using Go4 and opposite.

This will all hopefully be optimised soon, in the meantime make sure you close background apps that your not using and reboot

Hi, having a strange issue with my crystalsky. Sometimes my video from the RC is corrupted, as seen here.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dElTZHZqa1FldUJKc2ZFakwwaFJCTFdZX2duRlNn

To fix the issue, I simply have to disconnect the rc cable, and reconnect it to the crystalsky. After one or two attempted reconnections, it does end up working perfectly.

I have tried several usb cables, including both usbc and micro usb (using the usbA port at the bottom). I am not using the side micro usb port (other than for charging.)

Is anyone else's crystalsky doing this? I'm on the latest firmware and have factory reset my device already.

thanks,
-Adam

Hello Adam,

You are not alone! YES my brand new 5.5 Crystalsky display is acting exactly the same...the video transmission to the CS display is so pixelated and choppy it cannot be used to fly. I have also completed the factory reset and changed to different types of USB C cables (3) different times. I have also checked the image transmission settings and NOTHING helps. I compared the image transmission settings to those on my iPhone and they only differ slightly as follows:

Image Transmission Settings - iPad & iPhone
Auto - Selected
Download Bandwidth 20 MHz
Transmission Quality 10.10 Mbps
Image Transmission Settings - Normal Mode

Image Transmission Settings - Crystalsky Display
Channel Mode - Auto Selected
Image Transmission State:
Image Transmission Mode - Regular Mode
Image Transmission Code Rate 10.17 Mbps

As one poster recommended, I have shut down all other apps that are running in the background. This did not help either. The video on the display is so choppy I cannot use this monitor for any sort of work. Unlike your situation, even after several attempts at disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, there is no improvement.

To all those wondering, yes the screen can be used in BRIGHT sun without a hood with no issues! It's just sad the video feed is so miserable it makes the device useless for me at the moment. I'm hoping there is a solution to this issue quickly or it's going back. Sad face emoji!

Last edited:
Reactions: floz23
What he means is make sure Go is closed if your using Go4 and opposite.

This will all hopefully be optimised soon, in the meantime make sure you close background apps that your not using and reboot

Unfortunately on my device, rebooting turns all the apps I just closed, right back on.

Thanks. I sent the CS back to DJI for replacement/repair. I'll update the thread as I know more.

Hello Adam,

You are not alone! YES my brand new 5.5 Crystalsky display is acting exactly the same...the video transmission to the CS display is so pixelated and choppy it cannot be used to fly. I have also completed the factory reset and changed to different types of USB C cables (3) different times. I have also checked the image transmission settings and NOTHING helps. I compared the image transmission settings to those on my iPhone and they only differ slightly as follows:

Auto - Selected

As one poster recommended, I have shut down all other apps that are running in the background. This did not help either. The video on the display is so choppy I cannot use this monitor for any sort of work. Unlike your situation, even after several attempts at disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, there is no improvement.

To all those wondering, yes the screen can be used in BRIGHT sun without a hood with no issues! It's just sad the video feed is so miserable it makes the device useless for me at the moment. I'm hoping there is a solution to this issue quickly or it's going back. Sad face emoji!

Hello Adam,

Auto - Selected

My crystalsky used with my mavic pixellated; so i turned wifi off and that fixed it.
Another time wifi was off; so i turned it on with the same result.
I don't know why but it works.

Hi

Exact same issue for me. ( reported my fix in another post ) strangely enough I had absolutely no issues before the firmware upgrade. And as killing all running apps AND cached apps + reboot solved my pixelation I'm pretty sure this is a firmware/software issue.

Especially since I read reports from android users the 4.1.4. Version of the Go4 app suffers from the same issues.

All in all it's disappointing to see this CS seemed rushed to market and seemingly lacking a strong firmware/software development team as the FW upgrade procedure is also broke some more stuff in settings.

Don't get me wrong, I love the CS because of its screen and concept ( dedicated device just for the go app ) but it's lacking some serious stability as opposed to IOS devices I used previously.

After several hours of tinkering, my issue with pixelated video on the Crystalsky Display has been resolved. I believe the keys to solving this problem are:
1. turning off wifi
2. shut down/reboot the display - several times, more than 6 complete cycles without connecting to the mavic
3. shut down all apps other than DJI Go 4 and reboot - did this once, but each time after a reboot all the apps run in the background.
4. numerous attempts at connecting the CS Display, disconnecting, shutting down, reconnecting iPhone powering everything up, then shutting down and reconnecting the CS Display

I wish I knew WHY the display was working now, but this is what lead to the display connecting properly and feeding smooth video to the CS display. Thanks to all in this group for the suggestions, assistance and input. All the thoughts and insight were very helpful as I tried everything that was suggested and through persistent attempts the Crystalsky Display now works properly and I was able to fly for 2 hours last night with no issues.

I have the same issue. Contacted DJI....LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Never will get back THAT hour of my life.......
1) Using DJIGO or DJIGO4?
2) How do you stop one of the apps from running in the background?

Don't call them. You need to submit an email ticket. My original post is almost exactly what I sent them, including the video link.

My package arrived to them on Monday, still haven't heard any updates from them yet.............

I have the same issue. Contacted DJI....LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Never will get back THAT hour of my life.......
1) Using DJIGO or DJIGO4?
2) How do you stop one of the apps from running in the background?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54