DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavicMalone

Reactions
Hello all -

I've had my Mavic 2 Pro for about a week, and had my first terrifying moment. While showing off my Mavic, I got a bit too cocky and left it in sport mode, so O.A. was off. I bumped my Mavic into my very solid BBQ grill, causing the right front arm to fold back just enough so that the rear prop was able to slice away at the antenna just under the motor. After examining it in panic for about 10 minutes straight, I concluded that it was a small slice, that the antenna is very much intact and not weak in any way, however the prop cut just deep enough to expose a white wire. Looking more closely at it, it appears that the prop only just BARELY sliced into the outer plastic of the wire and did not expose anything inside. The wire is also still firmly in the antenna and is not loose or going anywhere. So right now I have a somewhat noticeable little chunk out of my ant., and had to replace two props.

My question is, I don't need to replace the ant., it's still in fine working order minus really insignificant (pretty sure) cosmetic damage. What should I use to fill the cut made from the prop. just so that I can cover the now exposed wire? If this situation happens ever again, pretty sure that wire will be toast without protection.

Thanks!

20200605_180931.jpg20200605_180902.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all -

I've had my Mavic 2 Pro for about a week, and had my first terrifying moment. While showing off my Mavic, I got a bit too cocky and left it in sport mode, so O.A. was off. I bumped my Mavic into my very solid BBQ grill, causing the right front arm to fold back just enough so that the rear prop was able to slice away at the antenna just under the motor. After examining it in panic for about 10 minutes straight, I concluded that it was a small slice, that the antenna is very much intact and not weak in any way, however the prop cut just deep enough to expose a white wire. Looking more closely at it, it appears that the prop only just BARELY sliced into the outer plastic of the wire and did not expose anything inside. The wire is also still firmly in the antenna and is not loose or going anywhere. So right now I have a somewhat noticeable little chunk out of my ant., and had to replace two props.

My question is, I don't need to replace the ant., it's still in fine working order minus really insignificant (pretty sure) cosmetic damage. What should I use to fill the cut made from the prop. just so that I can cover the now exposed wire? If this situation happens ever again, pretty sure that wire will be toast without protection.

Thanks!

There our many that can help you but you will need to post a picture.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain
Coal

Reactions: THE CYBORG
you could also use a two part epoxy ,there is only one issue with using any sort of glue or filler and that is if in the future you caused further damage to the antenna leg and needed to replace it then this could impede the removal of the antenna from inside the leg ,a lot of skin kits come with a decal that goes over the front legs ,which would cover the damage or use some silver duct tape cut to shape and do both legs to match

Reactions: Ken.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS