DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cost differences between suppliers.

Physopto

Reactions
Just bitten the bullet and ordered up a pair of the BT35e glasses.

Drones Direct in the UK are offering them at £669 but unavailable until the 23rd July.
Scan Computers £719.99 plus postage of £5.48 but not available until around 21st June.
Epson UK £699 available within 5-7 working days and Free UPS delivery in 2-4 days.

So either no one has them in stock, or prices vary considerably.

At £720, it is crazy that Scan charge for delivery on top and at a hefty extra cost rto that of the direct buy from Epson.
Drones Direct good price in comparison but a hell of a delay !!

So gone with the maker, Epson. I will just have to see how honest they are in their delivery date forecast.
One other thing to note is Scan only are offering one year guarantee whilst Epson is offering 2 years on their website.
Crazy world!

Ahh I have just seen that they supposedly do not contravene VLOS rules, which renders the question irrelevant.

Reactions: Physopto
Well not getting them as soon as expected as just had an email saying it will be a few days longer. Apparently they are in great demand and stocks are low. So awaiting new stocks.

USB C to USB C Cable, QCEs 20Gbps Type C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable 100W 3.3Ft for 4K Video Display and PD Fast Charger Thunderbolt 3 Compatible with MacBook Pro/Air iPad Pro 2019,Pixel 3/4 Note S10 SSD your gonna want one of these I tried the 10Gbps but had to much lag got this on the US Amazon I'm sure you'll find it on the UK Amazon I know it sucks waiting on something thought I'd drop this so your not waiting a cpl more days...

Reactions: Physopto
Thanks. Already got the USB C cables for computer use. Got a few fast chargers that I use for my Huawei phones and tablets, not sure what wattage they are but very fast. I will check anyway.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Thanks. Already got the USB C cables for computer use. Got a few fast chargers that I use for my Huawei phones and tablets, not sure what wattage they are but very fast. I will check anyway.

Just checked. The power supplies are 2A 5 volt and a none Huawei generic one is 2.4 amp.
The USB-C cable I have is 10Gb not 20. I checked out the 20Gb USB-C cables here in the Uk and fastest available is 20Gb but at some hell of a cost around £21 upwards. We do not have any 40Gb cables available here at present. They are available in the USA but at around £45 plus almost the same in postage. Crazy

Got a second delaying email from Epson today saying that my order of Moverio BT35e glasses would once again be delayed by a few days!!!!!

I ordered these from the UK Epson website direct. Their web page said the glasses would be dispatched within 5-7 working days and that the package would be delivered within 2-4 days. That is at worst 13-15 days!!
So today I rang Epson UK and asked what was happening and when I could expect delivery. "Oh Sir we are expecting a delivery 5th September" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I cancelled the order.

Epson took the £699 from my bank immediately on me placing the order on the 14th of June. Now I am informed it will take between 10-14 days to get refunded to my bank.

So these sods have kept my money for 26 days basically and I loose the interest, if I had not rung them to ask what was happening, how many more bloody stupid and dishonest emails would they have sent trying to hang on to my cash. What a bunch of dishonest tossers!

I suggest that people deal with a company supplied by Epson who are honest and do NOT deal direct with Epson, they are a bunch of dishonest tossers at best!

Suprise, suprise, money returned to my account yesterday. So only17 days in total. Maybe my complaint over the phone made someone act to speed things up!

Reactions: pelagic_one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54