DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costa Rica

Chadnovz

Reactions
Ive read that they have rules and regulations in place since aug 2017. So has anyone been to costa rica recently? Im going this January and wondering if i need to get license to fly recreationally. I emailed their governing body in both english and spanish for a while now but no response. Makes me wonder if ill just leave my mavic at home

They have some information available on here.

Reactions: Soft7

Ive seen that and i dont understand spanish lol tried emailing the office but no response. I did a google translate and its confusing. It said that for private or commercial use, one must get a license, be 18yo., at least a high school graduate, must me medically cleared by a doctor approved by the governing body lol its just ridiculous

its frustrating. i even have a responder on trip advisor forum he sounded pissed that im planning to bring my drone hahahah and these are the type of people who dont own a drone

Try contacting one of the pilots in these search results. They have either traveled to Costa Rica or currently live there.

Reactions: Chadnovz
Ive read that they have rules and regulations in place since aug 2017. So has anyone been to costa rica recently? Im going this January and wondering if i need to get license to fly recreationally. I emailed their governing body in both english and spanish for a while now but no response. Makes me wonder if ill just leave my mavic at home
I am here now with my Mavic. I went to link on this about civil aviation. used my passport number for cedilla, and they issued me tail number. Wanted picture, address in cr, etc.

I am here now with my Mavic. I went to link on this about civil aviation. used my passport number for cedilla, and they issued me tail number. Wanted picture, address in cr, etc.

Did you have to register?

Did you have to register?
Personal drones are supposed to register. Personal drones per the letter from govt not required to get (pilot license) if you are commercial it is tough...

My only issue is it ask for my cedula which is like their ss card. I used my passport number... I also think it depends on where you are and what you are doing. if you in remote location i think no issue. Was also some dates about phase in but think that was commercial.

My main problem now is trying to figure out where to paint my tail numbers ;)

Personal drones are supposed to register. Personal drones per the letter from govt not required to get (pilot license) if you are commercial it is tough...

My only issue is it ask for my cedula which is like their ss card. I used my passport number... I also think it depends on where you are and what you are doing. if you in remote location i think no issue. Was also some dates about phase in but think that was commercial.

My main problem now is trying to figure out where to paint my tail numbers ;)

I registered my drone and sort of got a “plate number”

Reactions: KEN2FORTAX
I registered my drone and sort of got a “plate number”
I think it would be cool to put tail number on it in small letters if I can find it.

Only issue is when I get back to states FAA may get me for operating Costa Rican Flag Plane... :)

I think it would be cool to put tail number on it in small letters if I can find it.

Only issue is when I get back to states FAA may get me for operating Costa Rican Flag Plane... :)

Hahaha just get a labeller and print and stick to the mavic

Reactions: KEN2FORTAX
Well you dont have to but i just tried. And it worked. In their website under drone it says register drone (but in spanish) they’ll ask for a cedula or id. I just put my passport number, asked for the make of my drone and some other stuff. I have a plate for my drone now haahah

Well you dont have to but i just tried. And it worked. In their website under drone it says register drone (but in spanish) they’ll ask for a cedula or id. I just put my passport number, asked for the make of my drone and some other stuff. I have a plate for my drone now haahah
Hello, I have been reading through various posts to determine if we need to register a drone for personal use. What website did you successfully register your drone? Mine is currently registered with the FAA. I appreciate your time.
thanks,
Ave

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC