DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costco Air 2S package

What new model?

Air 2S was only released on the 15th of April this year, less than 6 months ago?

(The Air 2 was on 27th April, 2020 - a whole year before the Air 2S).
In my experience Costco tends to offer DJI drones only after several months after they have been officially released. For example the Mini 2 was released Nov. 2020 but Costco didn't have their package for sale until maybe April-May 2021. Same goes for the Air 2S, it was released April 2021 and I only started seeing this Costco package in October.

Mavic 3 is most likely coming out in October. But for these reasons I doubt Costco will have it anytime soon. They may not ever sell it as it's higher-end and I don't recall e.g. whether Costco ever sold a Mavic 2 pro package. They tend to sell the ones in the range of e.g. Mini 2 and now Air 2S.

Same goes for the Mini 3 - if the rumors are true this may come out in Nov. 2021. But again if it does come out don't expect Costco to offer it until sometime 2022.

I can't wait to see the Mav3 video reviews and how well that optical zoom camera performs. But, i'm not buying anything until Autel's 4 EVO3 models are physically reviewed as well. The "supersense" model will have a 1.4" cmos sensor!. Between DJI and Autel, there will be lots of options for everyone's needs or wants.

$990 for the base Air 2S + extra battery + 128 GB microSD card. So you get an extra battery and 128 GB microSD for $10 less than the regular base package. Seems like an alright deal.
1 extra battery won't be enough. I have 3 and go out fully charged and ready to fly and 90% of time I run out before I'm done for the day. If I'm in my SUV I can take my battery charger and plug it into the electrical plug in back to charge on the fly so to speak. Not all vehicles have an electric plug, so getting a USB to electrical plug device may be needed or spending $115 for another battery.

While out in Colorado last week and at higher elevations - my batteries even when hot off the charger (within an hour or so) typically showed about 25 minutes total time and man did they drain quick. Get up over 7-8k feet and was lucky even in cinema mode of getting about 15 minutes of flight per battery. Also, since I typically only fly about 2-4k ft ASL - when up in some higher areas - got the warning on FlyApp about flying in high altitudes. Unfortunately, did not get to fly at Mt. Evans, which is over 14k feet at summit due to area being closed for winter. Yes, there was a lot of snow already up there. Think my highest point was about 9k ft and Air2 flew well even in some winds in the 15-25 mph range. Battery time did fluctuate quite a bit as well, in some cases up to about 5 minutes. Scares the bejesus out of you when out and all the sudden your battery shows 5 minutes left; but was flying into the wind. As soon as headed back with wind - time went up to about 8-9 minutes.

I can't wait to see the Mav3 video reviews and how well that optical zoom camera performs. But, i'm not buying anything until Autel's 4 EVO3 models are physically reviewed as well. The "supersense" model will have a 1.4" cmos sensor!. Between DJI and Autel, there will be lots of options for everyone's needs or wants.
Good to see a member in Naples FL. You’ll be able to tell me where to fly when we come out next year. We love your City.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Sure that is a savings on the Costco bundle; but in MHO, if starting out a Combo Pack is the way to go. A single extra battery is nice but still greatly insufficient.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929